• always

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • not always(in some cases)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

wampa

Padawan
Hello everyone,
i am enjoying my usual sunday evening, glass of wine & antiques roadshow, and the guys on the tv are talking about leaving antiques in there antique state and how a bit of wear and tear adds a certain authentic feel etc, i was thinking does this apply to certain SW figures too? I have a red cape bib fortuna which is a bit battered and "pre-loved" but i love it and its my favourite figure of all, i know its original and not a modern fake as you cant fake the wear and shape it has taken over the years, does anyone else have a worn favourite like this or have i had one glass too many and i am talking much ****?
please add comments/vote or ignore if i am waffling
ta

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I think you've had a few too many mate!! :lol:

If you're talking about figures then I always prefer to get the best I can and upgrade later if needed. :wink:

Dom

Jedi Master
If its stuff for my collection, then mint isn`t good enough.

If its stuff I had when I was a kid, then thats a different matter, but to be honest I was always really careful with my stuff

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Its nice to have as many mint figures as possible but I would rather have a battered figure than no figure at all. :wink:

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Totally agree with Dom, that the figures I had as a kid are special! I love the one's that I trashed, but if I'm buying it has to be as mint as budget allows!! :wink:

wampa

Padawan
my bib has not been mine as a kid-the wear and tear comes from i am not sure who or where, i only got him recently but i do love him a lot-he looks so cool-i take the point though-would he just as good in mint?, certainly harder to find
-i have had a few bootlegs with wear too and they look good with wear, the paint is never as good on them anyway but i like these kind of figures a bit battered
-but yes a yellowed stormie on display is not quite right! :shock:

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
I prefer the best condition I can lay my hands on. They may be not so mint sometimes but I always aim for the best I can afford etc.

With you guys on the stuff from childhood though. Still got a bin bag cape Darth and a Hoth Rebel Commander that has had an unfortunate incident with a leaking battery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom