buying from canada

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i'm having a bit of a problem with a transaction from canada, with a guy off RS. hopefully somebody here can shed some light!

now 2 things worry me - firstly, it's been 6 weeks now and still not arrived. is this normal from canada?

secondly, he charged me $27 USD shipping for one carded figure :eek: because apparently postage is a lot more in canada than america. having never bought from there before, i couldn't really argue :?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
An ex of mine used to live in Canada (the affect I have on women, they all emigrate! :D ) she sent me a few things over but, I never noticed the postage being particulary high. She was in Vancouver as well (far west coast).

I'd be tempted to say he's taking the piss a bit, have you sent him an email checking he's posted the thing and isn't ****ing you about?

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Anything I have ever bought from Canada has taken an eternity to arrive!! Their postal service is even worse than Mexico's. :lol:

I bought a loose POTF Bantha off a guy in Canada bout 5 years ago and it took 9 weeks to get here. I have since bought several other items like loose figures etc, and they have all taken 6+ weeks to arrive :shock:

I'd wait another week or 2 before I'd really start to panic matey :wink:

lee gray

Sith Lord
its a strange one, I actually recived a game from someone in toronto via express priority mail in 5 days which quite pleased me , other times i have had to wait over two weeks for normal air mail parcels but 6 weeks is taking the piss a bit

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
If it has been 6 weeks you need to work out exactly how many days it has been since you paid for it.

You only have 45 days to report a possible problem to Paypal otherwise you won't be covered if it doesn't turn up. It's best to warn the seller that you are doing it though as a precaution and if it does turn up you can just cancel the dispute.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
My experiences with buying from Canada is that I normally get stiffed on the postage as they always take the piss by using USD and not Canadian. The majority of them (even forum members) seem to have a poor understanding of how their postal system works - one ebay seller last year was trying to charge me $35 USD until I sent him a link to his own postal service website pointing put he was typing out of his arse.

Time wise it does seem to take longer from Canada and in this case it may be that the item wasn't packaged/labelled properly under the strict rules and will be returned to the sender?

Oddly enough when I have done trades rather than buying everything has gone very smoothly and stuff has turned up in a 5-7 day airmail timeframe.

The paypal time limit is definetly 45 days:

General. PayPalââ'¬â"¢s Buyer Complaint Policy covers goods that are purchased and not delivered, and goods purchased on eBay and paid by using PayPal that are ââ'¬Å"significantly not as describedââ'¬Â. For payments relating to eBay transactions, this Policy may apply if the buyer complaint is ineligible for coverage under PayPal Buyer Protection. Buyer disputes must be filed within 45 days of the payment and, even if the buyerââ'¬â"¢s claim is justified, the buyer will receive a recovery only if there are funds in the sellerââ'¬â"¢s account. RECOVERY OF YOUR CLAIM IS NOT GUARANTEED.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I used to buy a lot of droids carded figures from canada (they just seem to be cheap there :? ) and the packages allways take about 5-6 weeks to arrive. So like everyone else says just dont start to worry yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom