Somebody stop me!! Or at least slow me down...

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Hi guys,

I am in need of help, I can't stop buying expensive premium Star Wars stuff and in all honesty I can't really afford it!!

Somebody give me some words of wisdom so I can take some time out... If you don't I could be in trouble soon...

Bram

:twisted:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
You will just have to join me & Dennis in the whipping room, as we are in the same boat, reminds me of the 2 flies -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vod9DL4IhBM

You just got it bad, so ride with it or get yourself a straight jacket :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
There is no cure once you get into full swing! It usually ends up in divorce or bankruptcy :lol:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Sometimes you just need to stop and give yourself a reality check. I realize some items come up rarely, but most come up often enough that you do not have to buy every item you see. "A young Bull and an Old Bull were setting on a hill watching the Heffers graze, the young bull turned to the old bull and said"Hey lets run down there and **** one of them"....the old bull turned to the young bull and said "No...lets slowly walk down there and **** them all!".........I know it's an old one...but it holds true.

tundra9

Sith Lord
The spiral has caught you now Bram, there is no turning back!!! :twisted:

I guess it all depends on what items you are after, but with you chasing down DTs now I'd say you are at the point of no return! :p

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
tundra9 said:
The spiral has caught you now Bram, there is no turning back!!! :twisted:

I guess it all depends on what items you are after, but with you chasing down DTs now I'd say you are at the point of no return! :p

You got me mate, I've bought a near mint DT Luke from the US and a DT Luke circles variant from Hayd!! Plus some MOC's and a lot of minty figures...

Just got a wierd 'I must have them' buzz for the DT's anyway!

Oh dear, I shall be taking Todds advice for a bit.

:wink:

maniac79

Jedi Master
Must...buy...vintage...SW toys...can't...stop... :twisted:

No need to add anything to Frank's statement. Although I must admit that I'm slowly gaining back the control... ;) After all I'll finally paying off all my reserved stuff in the next couple of months (you know at least about on of the pieces, right, Bram? :D) and I've not put anything on hold for beyond the already reserved things... well... so far that is... :twisted:

But I know the situation well, dude. And nobody can help you, you have to do it by yourself. :mrgreen: Or maybe tell your wife how much the items you're buying really were. 8) But that may well be the end of your collecting career though, so I'd keep it to myself if I were you... (I'm keeping that bits to myself and trust me, it's better that way! :lol:)

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
To be honest the wife is cool with it all, doesn't really wanna hear about it but listens anyway!

How do you think I managed the Star Wars Wedding?

I shall quiten my mind and regain my balance with the force...

:mrgreen:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
itfciain said:
Bramistuta25 said:
tundra9 said:
Oh dear, I shall be taking Todds advice for a bit.

:wink:

You mean ****ing lots of cows ? Ed might be able to help you with that as I think he knows how to milk them
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Honestly mate, i think its as loads of the lads were saying, it appears to be a slippery slope.... :?

timbo72

Sith Lord
Before i went on holiday i was getting 3 or 4 parcels a day. My bank account has never looked so bad. Did me good to have that week off, has given me some focus ( i think). Now i just going after the figures i need (which are now the most expensive loose ones.......last 17).

I reckon if i buy what i can afford every month, i'll have a full collection by July/august. Then it'll be onto carded figures/vehicles and weapons for my army of loose figures.

It's good that i can now pick and choose what i want to buy, instead of buying everything i see (which i was almost doing)

Cant wait to see how it all turns out and what kinda display i can create with them all.

Exciting times ahead, but with one eye on the spending lol

PGowdy

Grand Master
People have often accused me of being a hoarder and to that i always say - 'have you got any stuff you can sell me?'

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Its easy.

A packet of Marlboro Lights is £8.15 a day.

The price of 2x stormtrooper blasters .

Spend every second of the day and when you run out of funds, prey on the weak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom