This guy talks cack

lee gray

Sith Lord
says any anomilies are from the reflection of the camera flash and the bubble is perfect, yet that bubble has crushes and is even lifting which aint no flash anomilies http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Vintage-Star-Wars-Boba-Fett-21-Back-AFA-80_W0QQitemZ230107536583QQcategoryZ50271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i wouldnt buy it looks like the bubble might drop of any second yet ppl have bid a lot already

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
That bubble looks really ropey. He says "This example *never* saw any shelf wear or had any price stickers ever attached to it." Probably a shop kept it back because it looked so awful. Nearly Ã'£800 already as well.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Doesn't exactly mention too much about the crappy bubble sub grade either. Hardly what he calls perfect.

sith-smith

Grand Master
The bubble is a 75. Surely that's not bad?

Or do you think it's been damaged since the grading?

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Don't think it's been damaged since grading but it certainly detracts from what is a nice item. Just makes it look like a bad reseal. Maybe me being too fussy.

I think that damaged bubbles really can make an item appear poor. A 75 rated card may have some veining that you have to look at at the correct angle to see or a little bit of edge damage but will still look good. A bubble with similar rated damage seems to detract from the overall piece more significantly.

sith-smith

Grand Master
But in this thread it's been suggested that there's lifting and crushing of the bubble.

If that's true and If that didn't occur post grading, then there's no way with that damage it could have got a 75 for the bubble?

Could it not be reflection?

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
I think your right. I don't think that it is crushed but there is certainly lifting due to the crappy way the bubble was sealed on. There is a wavey effect, as seen in the side on view, where the bubble meets the card and I think this has caused some rippling to the sides of the bubble.

Depending what mood AFA were in on the day they probably didn't judge it too harshly because it was how it was badly made in the first place.

lee gray

Sith Lord
I have had quite a few afa graded figures and no way would that bubble with the lifting be a 75 if u look at the side ways picture the lifting is very severe and also to the top right hand corner you can see the paper rip from where ther bubble has loosened
, the crushing i mention is where the bubble has lifted and has the wavy crush effect at the edges, the main bubble doesnt look crushed but the guy says that the bubble got a 75 as the gun wasnt taped, he also clearly states the bubble and card is perfect and The bubble has no pinches, pulls or creases, any anomalies which clearly with all the lifting it is not, therefor he is talking cack but i guess a lot of ppl desire this piece as bidding for it

sith-smith

Grand Master
Surely AFA wouldn't grade a figure that isn't fully sealed?

I've got figures that, if held in a certain light look like they are lifting, yet are firmly sealed. It's a strange effect of the sealing process for some I think.

That rippling down the side i recognise from one of my MOC fetts. That can catch the light badly and look like a crush

lee gray

Sith Lord
Maybe im talking cack........ lol
just stuck on some sirloin steak with chips for a late dinner, im starving

sith-smith

Grand Master
jabbawokkie said:
to me and i,m i little bit tipsy :lol: that looks like it is warped from heat

Just a little bit tipsy?

The bubbles are certainly susceptible to damage from heat.

Could that have been done during the sealing process?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
jabbawokkie said:
to me and i,m i little bit tipsy :lol: that looks like it is warped from heat

Just a little bit tipsy?

The bubbles are certainly susceptible to damage from heat.

Could that have been done during the sealing process?

or its been sat above a radiator

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom