Not to a Palitoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

bellendra

Padawan
Unbelievable. I was talking to Sith Smith last week about a rather nice coup. A very vaguely advertised 4-lom ended up being an esb palitoy 45 with the logo and in 'flawless' condition.

I won it for Ã'£102 which, though not cheap, i thought was a superb deal for one in that condition.

Anyway...on my door man this morning was a bubble wrappd envelope (you already know where this is going don't you) and it didn't occur to me until I actually picked it up that anyone would be ****ing stupid enough to put a 'flawless' MOC in there.

How wrong I was and how I winced in disgust as i was presented with the creases on the cards and dents in the bubble.

I had considered making sure he did put it in a box but as he's sold an MOC before and recieved good feedback,I assumed that common sence would prevail.

So now what?!!! I guess I'll have to demand my money back, which I'll take, but It's so annoying...it's not as if C9 palitoys grow on trees.!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
That's annoying. If you're in any doubt about the seller's packing skills it always best to ask for it in a star case before you pay. The only card I've received in a dented state was from a newbie seller. It was a flawless 65 back rotj palitoy vader. I asked him to make sure it was well packaged. So he tightly wrapped the card in bubblewrap with lots of sellotape, crushing the bubble in the process before putting it in a box with lots of styrofoam packing. :(

Jason

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Nightmare!

Even star cases can let stuff get mangled. I know from experience when someone sent me a carded last 17 in starcase with brown paper round it.

Has to be a cardboard box with adequate room for packing material.

lee gray

Sith Lord
a twat done the same thing to me a couple of months ago with a vintage mint boxed action man

Asked for plenty of pics and as box was in awesome condition I decided to purchase it, a,long comes the postman with a parcel under his arm and its my action man, the box of the action man himself had just been wrapped in brown paper so in theory the action man box was used as the packing and had a huge crush at both sides, nedless to say i was pretty pissed off and contacted the seller in which fair do's he gave me a complete refund once I sent the item back but I would much rather have had the mint boxed action man

some ppl really dont have a clue

sith-smith

Grand Master
aaaaaahhhhhhhhh :twisted:

Mate, that's terrible. Been there before myself.

Sometimes, if I'm unsure, I'll actually send the seller a star case and sturdy box in which to send it.

Get a refund mate.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
happened to me once, the prick wouldnt refund me saying i was being rude questioning his packing skills! :evil:

paypal obviously saw it from my point of view and refunded me though :roll:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Although ****ing annoying I have a question as to why the item was left on your doorstep?

Surely you asked for the seller to send it special delivery so that it would be fully insured if written off, lost or damaged in the post and then you would have had to sign for it on delivery? During the can you send it special delivery exchange you can then mention you want it well packed.

Mind you even that is dependent on the seller actually knowing the difference between recorded delivery (up to Ã'£32 compensation) and special delivery (up to Ã'£500 compensation) as two sellers that I've bought items over Ã'£32 from this year sent items by recorded :roll:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Earlier this week I got one of those Gentle Giant Darth Vader busts and the seller just covered the original box in brown wrapping paper instead of putting it in a bigger box with some packaging but luckily it was still in perfect condition when I opened it. 8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I got a "mint" Tie-fighter (complete with box) in the post that the seller had left loose in the box and had cover the box in brown paper. The postman literally handed it to me with a bad full of bits that had fallen out if it since he got it.
It was like a jig-saw it was that badly smashed up :twisted:

It's bloody annoying that something can survive 20 nealry 30 years so well only for one idiot to destroy it by not boxing it up when he posts it!

I think sending them a box to put it in is probably your best bet, either that or make damn sure they know exactly how you want it wrapped!

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
The only way to send a figure should be in a star case and the star case in a padded cardboard box. It still cost less than Ã'£3 to send and if a seller will not pack it this way i just dont bother bidding. If i can send a figure that way then so can everyone else.

bellendra

Padawan
Well to be fair. People not used to the vintage business such as this chap clearly would have no idea what a star case is.

My thinking is....you'd certainly think about packing it with bubble wrap in a BOX at the VERY least to avoid damage.

It's just so obvious that bubble wrap enveloped won't preserve bubbles.

I wonder if this guy thought about that.......Ã'£102...what did he think I was paying for?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
jayjedi said:
what a tool :roll:

anyone with an ounce of common sense would protect it when posting :evil:

It never ceases to amaze me how UNcommon common sense is though, especially on EBAY! :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Thing is the idiots don't realise how dim they are being. I mean they genuinely think your gonna pay Ã'£100 odd for a 30 year old toy and not mind if they stick it in a ****ing jiffy bag and post it to you!

sith-smith

Grand Master
Perhpas they think it is the toy not the packaging?

There would be some logic to that though a very stupid kind of logic.

bellendra

Padawan
I have and to be fair to the guy, he's issued a refund and asked for the item to be sent back. Can't say fairer than that, I suppose.

Problem is, as I look at it now in the star case I put it in, I can't help thinking I would've liked to have had a suberb and rare collectors item. Quite possibly the the money winging it's way back to my account is now just going to be spent on bills.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom