anyone have any dealings with toy toni?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Lee has just ordered an AFA 90 palitoy boushh frm toy toni:-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/antoni.emchowicz/afa0leiaboushh.jpg

This is the picture on his website.

To me a month ago he said the figure was for sale at a price of Ã'£200 and that he was away until 21 march. I said that price was fine and that he should contact me on his return so I can make payment. In the meantime he has sold to Lee at the same price, though he said to Lee that the original Boussh in the picture was sold a month ago and that he had a second one. In the mean time, when I enquired about my order today I was told it was "out of stock" and that I should buy some of his german MOC instead.

Even before he welshed on the deal, I felt like Oliver, saying "Please sir, can I have more?"

Anyone else have any bad or good expierences with this seller?

cheers Jason

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i've bought from him a lot of times. he's definitely not the best communicator i've ever dealt with, but he's never let me down. perhaps he's very busy.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
mr_palitoy said:

As someone not invlolved in this :wink: I've had about a dozen or so figures off him over the last 10 years and everything has been fine. I haven't bought anything from him in the last 18 months as he (allegedly :wink: ) has nothing else I'm after.

I think his whole attitude to selling changed quite drastically when he realised how much people were making on flipping his stuff after a trip to AFA.

I would actually be surprised if his wording about buying some German MOC instead was put to you exactly how you have it in your post as I've dealt with him on the phone and by email and never had anything like that :?:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Hi Andy, here's exactly what he said in his final email for clarity:-

"hi the l boushh is out of stock i have pal/german esb han solo all grades 95 must be just a hand full of examples of this hi grade thanks toni"

I'm not trying to put words into any one's mouth here. Just repeating what happened to me to see if other buyers have had similiar experiences with him.

Thanks

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Mystery solved. There are 2 Boushh's after all. The first one was indeed sold a month ago. To me. He'd forgotten it was me he dealt with.

I'm going to go ahead and buy given the positive things people have said about him on this thread.

cheers Jason

sith-smith

Grand Master
Communication never great.

Quality of hisstuff is usually good. Figs always as described.

But communication. :roll:

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i have had a couple lads and i know several of you have too.

here is my question... has anyone ever sent one of his items to afa after receiving it? i ask because i doubted if they were real or not and the thing that worries me is that when my cards are on the shelves ( see photo's in my collection) the 2 figs i bought from him have the ROTJ logo's slightly lower to all my other figures. every one else check theirs and see if its the same, i maybe wrong, and no doubt gary will tell me why they are like that and i will look an ass( nothing new ) but it has always niggled me

answers please guys

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
i have had a couple lads and i know several of you have too.

here is my question... has anyone ever sent one of his items to afa after receiving it? i ask because i doubted if they were real or not and the thing that worries me is that when my cards are on the shelves ( see photo's in my collection) the 2 figs i bought from him have the ROTJ logo's slightly lower to all my other figures. every one else check theirs and see if its the same, i maybe wrong, and no doubt gary will tell me why they are like that and i will look an ass( nothing new ) but it has always niggled me

answers please guys

wrong or right your still a ass :lol: :lol: :wink:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
jayjedi said:
the thing that worries me is that when my cards are on the shelves ( see photo's in my collection) the 2 figs i bought from him have the ROTJ logo's slightly lower to all my other figures.

I'm not sure which 2 carded in the photo are from Toni, however, if those two you picked up are both Palitoy and the rest Kenner then the ROTJ logo on the Palitoy 65d (SW and ESB release figures) ROTJ cards is set slightly lower than on the Kenner cards. On the 65a, 65b and 65c cards there is also a black bit under the ROTJ logo on Palitoy cards which is level with the base of the logo of the 65d.

65a, 65b, 65c and 65d info is at:

http://www.palitoy.org/cardback/palitoy.html

look under cardback index it should eventually make sense :lol:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
jayjedi said:
here is my question... has anyone ever sent one of his items to afa after receiving it?

A load of people bought items from him with the sole intention of flipping it after AFA - I've never seen any threads about his stuff being turned down by AFA and I'm sure this would be mentioned had it happened.

I have, however, seen a few threads about whether his stuff is legit due to the generally high quality of what he has been selling.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
Lee has just ordered an AFA 90 palitoy boushh frm toy toni:-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/antoni.emchowicz/afa0leiaboushh.jpg

This is the picture on his website.

To me a month ago he said the figure was for sale at a price of Ã'£200 and that he was away until 21 march. I said that price was fine and that he should contact me on his return so I can make payment. In the meantime he has sold to Lee at the same price, though he said to Lee that the original Boussh in the picture was sold a month ago and that he had a second one. In the mean time, when I enquired about my order today I was told it was "out of stock" and that I should buy some of his german MOC instead.

Even before he welshed on the deal, I felt like Oliver, saying "Please sir, can I have more?"

cheers Jason

so you getting the other lee

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
It looks like both Lee and myself will be getting their Boushh out for the lads in a couple of weeks time... :wink:

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom