Tri logo 8D8

shawn_k

Sith Lord
I'm sure our 8D8 expert will chime in, but I know from my limited experience, the cardboard version is definitely not as common. The baggie figures, I believe, all have the cardboard, so I'd say it was just a matter of some factory workers being lazy and not removing it.

mike-skywalker

Padawan
The only Trilogo 8D8 I know with cardboard between his legs is the spanish PBP 65back hybrid.
Possibly the spanish GMJ has it also, but I have never seen a carded one. I did not even find a picture o it in the web. Must be incredible rare.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
mike-skywalker said:
The only Trilogo 8D8 I know with cardboard between his legs is the spanish PBP 65back hybrid.
Possibly the spanish GMJ has it also, but I have never seen a carded one. I did not even find a picture o it in the web. Must be incredible rare.
there is a picture of it in the link in my post. I thought maybe it was fake. I can not translate the website.

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
This nice one Frank picked up recently doesn't have the card bored, as well as the laziness of the employes packing the cards could it also be dependent where Palitoy received some of the figures from?
IMGP0058.jpg
[/quote]

shawn_k

Sith Lord
snaggletooth said:
This nice one Frank picked up recently doesn't have the card bored, as well as the laziness of the employes packing the cards could it also be dependent where Palitoy received some of the figures from?

That one is certainly an exception being a Macau baggie. The typical Kenner ones usually have the cardboard and I'd be more curious about the Palitoy baggie version.

taped8d8_fs.jpg

_Lee_

Sith Lord
shawn_k said:
I'm sure our 8D8 expert will chime in

What??? Some knob has an 8D8 focus??? What is wrong with him? :D :p Joking Joe :D

Im pretty sure the carded version was quite rare,and the baggie is easier to find.

i would also like to know why EV9D9 didnt get the same treatment.As a good man once said

"there aint no swimming with bow legged.....DROIDS"

Lee

Joe

Grand Master
Yay a question I can answer! :lol:

As for Trilogos, the cardboard insert was included on the Spanish releases only, the PBP Hybrid 65 back and the later GMJ full Trilogo card - There is no picture out there of a GMJ but I am 100% convinced it came with the insert as that is how two people I know who have actually seen one recall it.

Baggies- Palitoy + Kenner bags both have inserts, the Macau does not.

The reason for the cardboard in the Spanish Trilogos: The figures were sent bagged and were debagged to be packaged onto cards, it's just a case of the factory workers thinking the cardboard insert was to be included on the card instead of just the figure (the cardboard inserts design was actually to hold the figures legs in place during shipping so it looked perfect by the time it was packaged)

Hope that helps :mrgreen: - The 8D8 Knob :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
snaggletooth said:
Hi Joe, Is there also a Palitoy baggie the same as the one Shawn has posted but without the Kenner logo?

Yep Scott, and it also came with the insert.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
snaggletooth said:
Hi Joe, Is there also a Palitoy baggie the same as the one Shawn has posted but without the Kenner logo?

Yes there is one, but the one I have is in the woolies 8 pack & does have the cardboard, so not sure if there would be one in that baggie without?, I await Joe's expert input :mrgreen:

Joe

Grand Master
snaggletooth said:
Joe said:
snaggletooth said:

Yep Scott, and it also came with the insert.

That's pretty cool, haw many if any carded 8D8's is there with the Macau COO on the cards?

None. The only packaged 8D8 with any mention of Macau is the Macau baggie, of course unfortunately 8D8 lacks a COO on the figure so the packaging COO is no indication of where it was actually made :(

I did try to look at various releases for subtle differences, all I can really make out is that European releases seem to have slightly darker brown paint apps compared to US releases but the difference is so slight it really isn't worth getting excited over!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom