Gunner/ A wing blaster...repros?

bellendra

Padawan
I recieved a B wing pilot today complete with a black pistol.

I was quite chuffed about this as the black ones are a bit harder to get than blue, but in that very knowledge, went straight down the 'repro test' line.

It has circles on both sides of the handle and the barrel, but seems to be a little smaller and a little more distorted (less defined) than the Imperial Gunner one I have.

So I don't know what to think...Is it a meticulous (ish) repro, is it a bit chewed up by it's previous owner....or were they all churned out in various quality?

bellendra

Padawan
Thanks, I had checked that actually. It's stange. I guess no matter how many they cover, they can't capture all repros. Guess the only way is to afa it....not whilst they're only in the US though.

I've done the only thing I can do and emailed the seller to ask. No reason for him to lie, I've already left him good feedback and told him that I don't mind if it is a repro.

spoons

Grand Master
I've seen a repro luke blaster that sounds like your gun, it had all the features of an original but was blurry, like it was made from a poor mould.

It floated as well but the mould was so poor it had to be a repro, post a pic and I'll let you know if yours looks the same.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
spoons said:
I've seen a repro luke blaster that sounds like your gun, it had all the features of an original but was blurry, like it was made from a poor mould.

It floated as well but the mould was so poor it had to be a repro, post a pic and I'll let you know if yours looks the same.
do all repros sink

spoons

Grand Master
jabbawokkie said:
do all repros sink

there's a big batch of them that do (the most common ones featured on the jawas armory)

but the luke gun didn't so its not a fool proof method

For the common repros its best to buy a comparison set. About Ã'£10 gets most of them. you can then compare any real weapons you have. In my experience apart from revalveit sabres all repros look or feel wrong when compared with the original.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
The black endor blaster is probably the hardest weapon to find from the standard line.

There is one main repro out there, which if compared to a genuine one looks totally different.

This is the link to RS and the weapon is last on the list. If it doesn't look identical to this then it a repro:
http://www.rebelscum.com/vintaccblasters.asp

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom