Showpiece gallery

2stripes

Jedi Master
My last post got me thinking... Edd, have you ever considered a show piece gallery made up of members collections? Say a full list of the 92 MOC where members with particularly nice example could provide a picture as the best example for the forum to show case with a comment "provided by..so and so' and which ever one was the best could be added by yourself into the gallery (or make it a democratic vote)? You could have an Uzay and glasslite section, ships and playsets etc or a full loose variations list, kenner palitoy takara lines, the possibilities are endless I suppose! It could be a 'definitive collection' made up jointly from the forum members own collections - would be intresting to see what figures were missing from the forum collective - for instance does anyone have an original Anikin Potf MOC!? to submit :?

I know we have the forum where each member has there own thread to show case individually so I guess it would be taking the very best shots from that into one definitive list...

Just a thought, I'd love to watch it progress over time!..and might give people things to look out for, I.E. missing holes in the collection.

What do people think?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Not a bad idea (for an Everton fan) :wink:

Ohh and NO, surprisingly I don't have an original POTF Anakin MOC :lol: (just bought a fake one :evil: :oops: , seeing that's the closest I'll probably get). Anyone got one..................Gary?

2stripes

Jedi Master
craignwo4life said:
I wonder who will have the best Luke Bespin ?!! :lol:

Ah but which would he choose to showcase as his definitive Luke bespin :?: ...as yet I doubt I have a figure that would put anyone else's to shame. :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's basically what it would be, with any gaps (ie non Palitoy) filled in by the rest of us!

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
TWOFOOT said:
I think this is a good idear. We could just have one photo of each loose and each carded figure.

and i thought i wouldnt be able to contribute.i have about 10 figs i have took of cards .a lovely black bespin guard :wink:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
good idea guys, depends on how you want it to work. i cant really change the forum system to be honest, it's very complicated. and i feel a post full of photos isn't exactly what you mean.

i could make a separate web page, although i have no way to let you upload your own photos, they would have to be sent to me first.

i could easily knock up something like my site, or even just add a "forum collectors" page:

http://www.jedicollection.co.uk

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
someone on the old site was making one and it had real promise. But then he sold up and didnt finish it. He had loads of pictures. Cant for the life of me remember his name. Someone post a link to his old site.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
TWOFOOT said:
someone on the old site was making one and it had real promise. But then he sold up and didnt finish it. He had loads of pictures. Cant for the life of me remember his name. Someone post a link to his old site.
I don't know who you are talking about. :?

Venom was doing a variant site but that is the only one I can remember.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom