PALITOY ESB AT-AT - Whats in the Box?

Bespin_Doyle

Padawan
Just doing a bit of research for a Palitoy ESB AT-AT. Before putting my cash on the table.
As a child I recieved a Jedi one in the christmas of 1982 I think, but not exactly sure. But the internet seems to be failing me on facts.

-The ESB boxes had no Palitoy logo on the front? (neither a kenner I think) Bounty Hunter Tokens (Boba Fett Helmets) on one side.

-Did it come with a ESB catalogue poster, The one with the stock kenner AT-AT photo from the front of the box on the otherside?

-Hoth Survival Kit Baggie? Or was this just the AT-AT's with the red and yellow badge on the front advertising the fact?

-How big is the Instruction foldout, A4 front cover (printer paper size). Glossy or matt paper?

Just need some help with avoid snakes on ebay selling fake crap.

hope you folks can help.

Thanks
Grant

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I sold a boxed empire one last year and i am allmost certain it had palitoy printed on the box. It came with a large fold out star wars poster ,sticker sheet, but no survival kit.

Bespin_Doyle

Padawan
Thanks for the info Twofoot.
So the original UK AT-AT didn't come with all that Luke belt n winch and hoth backpacks?
Was the logo on the front of the box (bottom right corner) like the Palitoy Cardbacks?

gustie

Sith Lord
Bespin_Doyle said:
Thanks for the info Twofoot.
So the original UK AT-AT didn't come with all that Luke belt n winch and hoth backpacks?
Was the logo on the front of the box (bottom right corner) like the Palitoy Cardbacks?

i have the poster from one... got a bit tatty now tho

i cant remember the survival being in it either, mail away rings a bell

Bespin_Doyle

Padawan
Mail away definetly does ring a bell! You had to cut out the Boba Fett Helmet Tokens to send off.

45backyb6.jpg

Amazing what you can find on a Palitoy 45 back. :wink:

Bespin_Doyle

Padawan
Found a new approach, probably 24 years old, but what the hell...
File0073.jpg

Right! Now where do I send this bad boy off to?
compslipyo21jk9.jpg

*cough* can't see the 'comp finish date' looks a bit smudged.. beats jumping through hoops on ****in ebay. :wink:

sith-smith

Grand Master
'I like making Airfix kits because the glue gets me high....man'

I wasn't allowed Airfix stuff as a kid.

My dad worked for Matchbox, which was a rival company. :roll:

Bespin_Doyle

Padawan
sith-smith said:
'I like making Airfix kits because the glue gets me high....man'

:lol:
I remember one kid at school who use to be really good at those aircraft model kits. He brought a Sea Harrier Jet in for a art class, like a subject to draw. But after 4 months into the third year. he started hanging out with the solvent possie down the park.. a Towel and a nicked Can of Lynx. 8:50am in the morning.. ****ing cross-eyed, face like a glazed doughnut. :lol: hideous state of affairs

sith-smith said:
I wasn't allowed Airfix stuff as a kid.

My dad worked for Matchbox, which was a rival company. :roll:

Use to love those late 70s early 80s Matchbox cars. Just before they actually got rid of the boxes with the individual car artwork on them, for a more standard logo one, with a window.
They use to make this sound when they rolled back forth in the packaging. Id get one now and again if my old man went down the local newsagents for the paper.

Wasn't Airfix owned by Palitoy at the time.. interesting.
But I think Matchbox was losing the battle against gimicky hotwheels and other **** imports, eventually went the sameway. Bloody French and the Americans are to blame.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom