paint loss figures?

gustie

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-STARWARS-BOSSK-UNPAINTED-LEFT-ARM-RARE-VARIANT_W0QQitemZ330105240444QQcategoryZ50277QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

check this link... i was looking at this figure with an unpainted arm... im not bidding or anything but it looked like the plastic is darker at the sleeve up and the actual scaly arm of the figure is a different brighter yellow.

i never knew there was a bossk one arm paint variant either but they seller has it plugged in some book shot too...

has anyone come across any sellers who would strip paint or repaint stuff to make it a variant? :?:

mash

Sith Lord
i have just asked the guy what book that figure is in.......well see what he comes back with i am sure if it is in a book one of us on here will own it.
:D

mash

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
The book looks like an antique price guide to toys and those prices are always way off.

Some people do collect production errors but I just see it as a flaw and not a variant. To be honest I would pay less money because of it !! :lol:

mash

Sith Lord
okay guys he seems quite genuine and the book is called'collectables price guide 2007' and its by judith miller. personally never heard of it anyone got it??

mash

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Would have bid on him if I had seen him :cry: He could have kept my Klaatu and Stormtrooper company :lol:

nocoofactoryerrorunpainoh7.jpg
nocoounpaintedarmjm3.jpg
:lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
seriously guys, isn't there a chemical that strips the paint easily with no damage? i'm sure somebody on here does it?

you could make a fortune, just buy battered loose figures and dip random limbs in the chemical :lol:

that's exactly what this guy has done IMO. and to be honest fair play to him - anybody paying top money for that is as silly as the people shelling out for the green limbed chewy "variant" :oops:

gustie

Sith Lord
is it turps? or is it something more exotic? im wondering if nitro-mors would strip it or wether that would bubble up the plastic with it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom