Has this Gunner been got at?!

e30318is

Sith Lord
I think my Ebay Imperial Gunner has been touched up!! It was advertised as mint, and I paid £16 for him (without weapon) I really don't like the look of one of the imperial symbols on his shoulder….. Im 99% positive that he has been got at, but I have only ever had one other Gunner through my hands.

What do you think?! (Sorry for the TERRRRRIBLE photos :oops: )

photo-2467.jpg

photo-293.jpg

The other looks more regular:

photo-2357.jpg

Thanks in advance :lol:

shawn_k

Sith Lord
That one side does seem to look a little off. I'll have to check my gunner when I get home from work.

Here's the pic from the RS photo archive which matches more like the other side on yours.

vintimpgunnershoulder.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Does look a bit blobby doesn't it!

End of the day if you aren't happy with it for whatever reason just send it back.

Got a link to the auction? Might be able to file a not as described if they mention C9/mint etc as even if its not touched up it isn't very nice looking and definitely detracts from the figure!

*the more I look at it..it could be a bad paint app from the factory? but wouldn't want to bet on it*

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Just had a look at my Imperial Gunner the symbols on mine are much neater and defined.

The first pic does look a bit blobby and unless it is clearly a factory error, I would say someone's had a go at touching it up.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I want to see some better pics Ed! Stop being so lazy! Feel like Ive got beer goggles on looking at those :lol:

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
yup...pics are too bad!!!

It looks like "bad sprayed" (originally)....I would give it a go...but pictures are really bad.....though

e30318is

Sith Lord
Sorry for the delay chaps, here you go:

photo-514.jpg

It would be fairly convincing, but the guy used silver paint :roll: :lol:

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Looks touched up to me mate. The area in the bottom right of the emblem doesn't look like it holds the same shape as that part of the detail should. I would have thought that if it was a bad spray op or double spray it would show the right detail but perhaps be misaligned?

The area looks pretty suspect as if it was done by a brush. Just my opinion mind. :wink:

Edit: Also looks a slightly different shade to the majority of emblem to me.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Looks like a touch up Ed :cry:

For a second there,i thought you guys were talking about Van Persie :D

momike

Jedi Master
The colour dose not look right to me just looks to bright and odd at the bottom.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Looks a bit dodgy to me Ed.

As they say in the cult Aussie movie,STONE............................."who evers got you's gonna get got too"! :lol:

[youtube]pBfx-epp6TQ[/youtube]

Bloody terrible film but a classic all the same, you may notice a couple of the actors that went on to rolls in Mad Max.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom