Tri-logos

Ukgarisson

Padawan
Well it beats me, why are good AFA examples so expensive? Are tri logos considered hard to get?

Cheers

Joe

Grand Master
It's just condition that drives the price up really, unfortunately the vast majority of Trilogos were already a bit dented by the time they reached the shops back in the 80's and some have taken a few more knocks since then so people pay more for nice examples as they can be harder to find and people love nice condition toys.

That is really all it comes down to, personally I think you can find perfectly good ungraded examples for a fraction of the cost of an AFA 80/85 but to each their own, I like to save money lol

PGowdy

Grand Master
Trilogos in good condition always fetch premiums. Even the basic ones. I've seen a decent condition Bid Fortuna sell for £15 and a mint example sell for £50. I'd say if you had a top 10 most expensive basic mocs (excluding POTF) pretty much half the list would be made up of trilogos. Yak Face, Luke Gunner, Death Star Droid, Leia Organa, Luke Stormy all over £200 mocs. General Madine is arguably the most expensive standard MOC known and can easily fetch close to 5 grand.
Trilogos that people don't expect can fetch large amounts too. Niem Nunb can be very expensive. Admiral Ackbar is impossible to find. Liea Boushh can go for well over 100.
I could go on.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
PGowdy said:
Trilogos in good condition always fetch premiums. Even the basic ones. I've seen a decent condition Bid Fortuna sell for £15 and a mint example sell for £50. I'd say if you had a top 10 most expensive basic mocs (excluding POTF) pretty much half the list would be made up of trilogos. Yak Face, Luke Gunner, Death Star Droid, Leia Organa, Luke Stormy all over £200 mocs. General Madine is arguably the most expensive standard MOC known and can easily fetch close to 5 grand.
Trilogos that people don't expect can fetch large amounts too. Niem Nunb can be very expensive. Admiral Ackbar is impossible to find. Liea Boushh can go for well over 100.
I could go on.

I'll go on.....Tri logo's I'm finding impossible to find that I really want IG88 or Tie-fighter Pilot!!

You don't see Zuckuss much either, the only one I know of sold on E-bay ages ago for £410.00 :shock: (not graded either)

Joe

Grand Master
If you really want a TIE fighter Pilot I may be able to get you one.

The last one went for $338 and it was really clean, especially the bubble.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item2c672a8c41&item=190709402689&nma=true&pt=US_Action_Figures&rt=nc&si=7epgBCns0NvJ0aUxvsTUzcQ9Lhk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

PGowdy

Grand Master
Stormtrooper37 said:
PGowdy said:
I could go on.

I'll go on.....Tri logo's I'm finding impossible to find that I really want IG88 or Tie-fighter Pilot!!

You don't see Zuckuss much either, the only one I know of sold on E-bay ages ago for £410.00 :shock: (not graded either)

Yep, Zuckuss is highly sought after and when they come up for sale they usually go for decent prices. Often another £200+ moc. I've always found IG-88 trilogo hideous so never really looked for it but they do come up for sale from time to time.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Joe said:
If you really want a TIE fighter Pilot I may be able to get you one.

The last one went for $338 and it was really clean, especially the bubble.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item2c672a8c41&item=190709402689&nma=true&pt=US_Action_Figures&rt=nc&si=7epgBCns0NvJ0aUxvsTUzcQ9Lhk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks Joe :)

PM sent

ODB

Jedi Master
PGowdy said:
Yep, Zuckuss is highly sought after and when they come up for sale they usually go for decent prices. Often another £200+ moc. I've always found IG-88 trilogo hideous so never really looked for it but they do come up for sale from time to time.

I got my IG-88 for £70 so they are out there, so its all just a question of patience. Saying that I have hit a bit of a wall recently in my collecting.

Joe

Grand Master
ODB said:
I got my IG-88 for £70 so they are out there, so its all just a question of patience.

And I got mine for £40 so they definitely are out there.

In all honesty they are all out there, not always at prices people want to pay but that is another story. I have seen pretty much every single figure come up in the last couple of years (including 2-3 madines) and if I had the asking prices each and every time I no doubt would have completed my set in the first year. However I think if they come up enough to warrant waiting it out in the hope of getting a bargain then you definitely should.

I have seen 4 TIE pilots sell for under £120, 3 DSD's sell for under £100, a Luke Hoth go unsold for months and months and a Leia original AFA 70 (only and I mean the only fault was a torn hang tab but it was just torn not missing a chunk) sell for £75!

I always shudder when I see high prices on Trilogos, I shudder even more when people pay them - It's like Boushh, everyone says it's rare yet I think I have seen more Boushh Trilogos than I have Klaatu Palace Trilogos in the last couple of years. Not worth believing the hype, especially as it is likely to cost you money!

PGowdy

Grand Master
Joe said:
ODB said:
I have seen 3 DSD's sell for under £100,

Recently?? :shock: Let me know next time. I've been after one of these for ages and the last 1 i saw sold for almost 300. One on RS i think was posted for about 250 too. Worth it but out of my price range.

Joe said:
I have seen a Luke Hoth go unsold for months and months

Shoot, i forgot about Luke Hoth. That's arguably 3rd to Madine and Jawa (which i also forgot to mention :oops: ) in value tho nowhere near. (agree?). Always been a holy grail piece of mine tho i don't even bother searching for them anymore cos they're never available and when they are they're priced between £500-£700.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I think the Tri Logo Jawa is probably the 2nd toughest to find. In fact I think more Tri Logo Madines have turned up on the boards for sale than Tri Logo Jawas in the last year or two. Im sure Joe will correct me if Im wrong.

I would say Fett is there along with Luke Hoth in terms of how often they seem to turn up. Fett seems to sell for more though I guess because well ....its Fett.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
FEB 1997:

IMG_0833.jpg

ODB

Jedi Master
PGowdy said:
Joe said:
ODB said:
I have seen 3 DSD's sell for under £100,

Recently?? :shock: Let me know next time. I've been after one of these for ages and the last 1 i saw sold for almost 300. One on RS i think was posted for about 250 too. Worth it but out of my price range.

Not my words but yes I have seen them go for under £150.

No one seems to have mentioned the hybrid cards, I've only seen 2 Cloud Car Pilots come up and two Hammerheads for that matter. So they are rare and sometimes I wonder how many have slipped through the net as no one has differentiated them from the Kenner cards.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
:lol:

It appears back in 1997 Loose and carded LAST 17 was everything as well as boxed ships.

Every page is WANTED: Last 17 etc...

All of todays rare stuff was the same price as 3 alanis morissette albums :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom