Biggest eBay Success

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi guys,

Was just wondering what your biggest ebay success story is. I mst admit, since ebay has changed the catagories, more bargins seem to be falling through the net. I managed to win some and also have watched many others go for crazy cheap prices.

I could probably rant on forever, but the one ebay success that springs to mind was getting a 21 Back R2-D2 and a 21 Back Darth Vader for around £25 each at christmas 2010. The seller had them down as "SW Darth Vader" and "SW R2-D2" and that was it. I thought they might be repos from the crap pictures of dark cards, or that he might pull out of the deal. But they arrived and happy days.

What about you?

poncho

Grand Master
yeah you reckon, i rarely get bargains, i find the not so cleverly listed vintage stuff on ebay, watch it, go to bid but it still goes through at a normal vintage rate. example i was watching a 'starwars figure boxed' incidently it was vinatge zuckass figure a beater too! but it still finished @ £30ish in the end.

but biggest success was a sealed r2d2 baggie for less than a £5 and a minty white luke stormy with helmet for a couple of quid :) they a were couple of years back mind! no recent successes

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
hi Grant

great bargains mate.nice one. To be honest i normally get ripped off, i get embroiled in a bidding war over a figure i really want.

however i did get a CLoud Car Pilot on a Rotj kenner 65 back with boba fett coin offer for £11. Card good nick but the bubble was nice and clear and sealed but slightly crushed. not sure if that was a bargain or not but i was happy

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This is probably my best ever eBay score, got it for £35 on a buy it now:

han_bespin1.jpg

Sold it for about £250 as soon as it arrived!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just checked the receipt and it was in 2006, so his others are probably long gone! It was also only £30, £32.50 including postage :lol:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I got a full set of original first 21 figures complete with cut bubble cardbacks and SW figure case for $25 in 2001,with postage it worked out at around $50 total.When i recevied them i opened the case and the guy had included a Blue Snaggletooth which he found when the auction had finished :D

Also bought 4 POTF cardbacks from an Australian Ebayer in 2002 for $5(aus)and he mentioned that he found another that he would send free.Low and behold it was a POTF Anakin cardback :D

Last but not least,i also bought my first Yakface from Ebay for £2.

Happy days :D

lee

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
My biggest ebay success must have been around 6 or 7 years ago now. Bought a Droids series A wing Pilot for £28 i think it was, guy had listed it wrong so hardly anybody saw it. Regretably sold it a few years back when I sold of my first MOC collection :cry: :( Havent seen one for ages.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Mine was a very tough AFA'd 45a Greedo. Was sat there with a buy it now of around £100 or best offer. Another collector had seen it but had made an offer. I hit the bin immediately. Still only the third one I have ever seen.

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I hate this thread!

Think my only "bargain" on ebay was a 41 back ESB Princess Leia Organa for around £60. Even now I wouldn't class it as much as a bargain but I was chuffed to bits with that price!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
WOW Pete :shock:

£7 for that is offically a Steal 8)

LMK when you wanna sell it. Just remembered i forgot to add my wildcard to the football scores! Could I add it to Southampton-Man Utd tommorrow lol :oops:

PGowdy

Grand Master
I sold it to John Walsh for £150 [January 2011]. He got it graded and tried to flip it but [largely due to his ever diminishing reputation] didn't get as much as he paid me for it. All in all a very satisfactory outcome. :lol:

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Ebay success.......err - not many I'm afraid

Best buy was Lego 10123 - Cloud City about 4/5 years ago paid about £150.00. Got fed up with it last year - it's awkward to display and I didn't like the yellow faces on the minifigs, so split the set up sold all mini figs on ebay individually and then the set by itself. Got a nice tidy profit - sold Boba Fett alone for £135.00!

Best vintage buy Trilogo ERG, only very slight edge wear on card, very good condition bubble only flaw was it had been opened half way along the top and half way down left handside. Still displays really well and I only paid £22 so quite happy with that :)

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
**** me ive just googled that cloud city lego set and my eyes went :shock:. For sale on Amazon for the small sum of £1999.95. Wont be getting that in a hurry.

e30318is

Sith Lord
Ive been pretty damn fortunate on ebay in the past:

Palitoy 41 back 2-1b for £50 (later it graded at an 80 8) )
Indiana Jones Arabian Horse MOC, clear bubble and overal minty for £30
ROTJ Chirpa on a Palitoy card with Clipper AND PBP offer stickers for £45
ROTJ Leia Organa loose figure with ROTJ Cardback and bubble (I still think and hope it might be a toyfair example) for £15
21 back SW Jawa with secret figure offer for £90
Loose first shot Indiana Jones (Hasbro) for £12

:wink:

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Just picked up a ESB Palitoy Slave 1 complete & boxed with instructions including a very decent Boba figure for £15. It was listed in the film memorabilia section and located in Brighton so no postage

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom