Worst vintage figure?

theslider

Sith Lord
Sorry if this topic has been done before (I tried a search but came up with nothing). Now, I know loads of people on here have different focuses and so on, but either growing up (when we played with our figures) or when we started collecting (whenever that was) what was the worst figure you had/could think of/wanted nothing to do with?

As a kid I hated Nein Nunb, don't know why, just did! When I resurrected my chidhood toys he was near mint! For the life of me I can't remember playing with Death Star Droid, but must have done as my figure (like most of them) was floppy as ****!

When I did start collecting again in the early 2000s I was sick of the sight of Leia Booushs!

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
BESPIN SECURITY GUARDS :twisted:

Only because they were a constant pegwarmer when I was collecting as a kid in the early 80's. It was obvious to me at the time that no wanted them and I certainly wasn't going to buy them. Just a really boring character that did nothing, yet they were everywhere.

Hated them as a kid, still not that keen on them now :|

My Mum - 'any luck Paul in that shop?'
Me - 'No waste of time, just those security guards no-one wants'

Then on day I remember this happened

My Mum - 'any luck Paul in that shop?'
Me - 'Waste of time as usual, loads of security guards, biker scouts, etc - oh and they must be getting desperate now because I've just seen a new figure called Yakface!! who or what is Yakface - I think they are starting to make up characters - I'm calling it a day Mum and going to start collecting a few more MOTU figures in future' :oops:

theslider

Sith Lord
I remember seeing loads of tri-logos in Woolies in the bargain bin and skipped past them to the Transformers...

theslider

Sith Lord
Never had Anakin as a kid but can't see why he's worse than Imperial Dignitary though...

sith-smith

Grand Master
I got anakin, Imperial Dignitary and A wing Pilot on the same day.

Generally 3 crap figures

Anakin...says it all really
Imperial Dignitary seems a waste of time, though better than anakin
And A wing Pilot for whom there wasn't a ship (in the UK anyway when I was a kid)

Not the best day of buying figures as a kid, Though I imagine I was happy to have 3 new figures that I hadn't seen before!

theslider

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:

Never minded Lobot when I was a kid, always paired him up with Lando as if he was his Chewie.

Didn't mind the ewoks so much back then. Playwear wise was also not to keen on FX-7, you couldn't do much with him!

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Just as I was thinking what my worst figure is I read Petes post and figured he spoke the truth...

Anyone that doesn't say Anakin is lying, but then Imperial Dignitary jumped into the mix.

I am torn between the two but will have to go with Imperial Dignitary being the worst, probably why he/she is one of the last ones I need to complete my loose run.

Great thread Slider :D

PGowdy

Grand Master
At least Imp Dig is somewhat interesting looking. Can't say much nice about him and yet he's miles better than Anakin.
Ugnaught at least has some accessories to play with and i don't get the Lobot (hating) thing. I don't think he's too bad. Has that cool head-gear at least. How can he be worse than Anakin or the Bespin Guards?? Really?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Rebel commando, the first time I saw him in the stores I thought it was a G.I. Joe figure on a wrong card :lol:

Later when I saw the movie return of the jedi, I got convinced he was a star wars figure :oops:

About Anakin I can only say, he was the most unpopular figure in denmark. The shops had very big problems with selling the figure. So he was sold for a extremly low price in the shops. I could never understand why they maid that figure. Why make the ghost anakin, when they did not make yoda or obi-wan as a ghost ? very strange :?

ODB

Jedi Master
The Rancor Keeper, a fat man wearing a tea towel on his head who cries in the film. Hours of fun for a child.

poncho

Grand Master
logray..... i had a handful as a child! i even burnt one with a lighter once i also burnt darthvader also (simulating his burning funeral scene i think)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom