Just like Christmas

spoons

Grand Master
I know this should be in latest acquisitions but I'm just too chuffed. Got back from work to find a giant parcel with all this in. Me and the kids have been playing hoth battles since I got in :D

Only cost me Ã'£64 including postage and the snowspeeder has its inserts and instructions and the vintage atat has a chin gun.

might sell the vintage atat but the kids are having everything else except the snowspeeder 8)

hoth.jpg

snowspeeder.jpg

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Superb 8)
Lucky kids! Have bought mine a new AT AT for christmas 8)
Yes I know it's a bit early, but it had a free lightsabre offer at toys r us :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Very nice Spoons, and for Ã'£64 you definately did well! :D 8)

The Snowspeeder looks great, is it complete?

spoons

Grand Master
boba - vintage every time :wink:

mash, yes it was ebay - where else :roll:

weasel, the snowspeeder is just missing the harpoon but has the block and string. I've got another speeder with the harpoon so I'll add that to it. i'll probably sell my spare. The box is brilliant but the pop has been cut out.

The modern vehicles are excellent. There's a panel in the back of the ATAT with a vader hologram and loads of movie sounds, the modern speeder has the movie sounds too - I've never been this chuffed over an ebay purchase before. I even turned down Friday night drinks at the pub to open the box with my kids

spoons

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
Which is the vintage AT-AT and which is the modern one?!! :oops:

modern left, vintage right

all the modern ships are made from the vintage moulds but with a twist. Apart from the movie sounds the modern ATAT shoots missiles from the side guns and has lukes grappling hook blaster hanging from it. The snowspeeder shoots out the harpoon too.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
nice score! 8)

i think kenner are full of **** :lol: convenient how they have all the old vehicle moulds to rehash, but not one of the figure ones have survived :roll:

spoons

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
nice score! 8)

i think kenner are full of **** :lol: convenient how they have all the old vehicle moulds to rehash, but not one of the figure ones have survived :roll:

I agree

there was an IG88 in the set that I thought was vintage until i looked closer. Exactly the same mould but different paint job and it articulates at the waist - doesn't look like all the moulds were destroyed :roll:

Bespin_Doyle

Padawan
I do have a theory that the vintage loose AT-AT has always kept its high value (e.g ebay). Because Hasbro have never done a movie accurate version. Chunky side turrets being the main offender.
But even the Hasbro's Endor AT-AT from last Christmas wipped up a bit of hysteria. Scalpers were fleecing what little there was from TRU shelves, and flogging them on ebay for as high as Ã'£150/175 last December!! You could get a decent vintage ESB/Jedi Palitoy one for that price out of season! :roll:

spoons said:
edd_jedi said:
nice score! 8)

I agree

there was an IG88 in the set that I thought was vintage until i looked closer. Exactly the same mould but different paint job and it articulates at the waist - doesn't look like all the moulds were destroyed :roll:

You guys seen this.. Never new it even existed until about 3 years ago. Not sure it even hit our shores in the mid 90s.
POTF2classicedition4-packboxfr.jpg

The figures and weapons are cast from new molds of the original figures, not the original moulds themselves. This set was created for 'fans' back in 1995 because the normal POTF2 figures were too large for the cockpits of the vehicles! I think collectors were more concerned with how steroid pumped & pig ugly the POTF2 were, than fitting them in vehicles.
Never actually seen this set in the flesh. But supposidly there slightly out of scale to the vintage. A defect in the scale miniaturization from the larger 500% sculpture scale, and a tale tell sign the original moulds were not used.

First time I saw one, from the paint jobs. Thought it was just bootleg rubbish.

spoons

Grand Master
jabbawokkie said:
seen it mate,if you were a twat you could sell them on ebay and just play daft when you list them

I remember seeing them in the shops when they came out, but they were pretty pricey. I would have thought that they're probably rarer than the vintage figures though, and would sell for more on ebay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom