dodgy palitoy ben on ebay...

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190104100849&rd=1&rd=1

It's so obviously a recard and people are still bidding on it....

:?

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
One of the two bidder's have bailed. I've emailed the other one.

Is it possible to get e-bay to remove listings like these?

Jason

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I actually emailed the seller referring him to the Palitoy.org site to show him what a genuine card looked like. No response, no change to listing, he knows its a recard :evil:

I let the bidders know and one was grateful for the heads up and pulled out.

There are too many gits trying to push crap like this, usually with 'its from my mates loft' in the description.

Now if only I could find a genuine Palitoy Ben :roll:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:
I actually emailed the seller referring him to the Palitoy.org site to show him what a genuine card looked like. No response, no change to listing, he knows its a recard :evil:

I let the bidders know and one was grateful for the heads up and pulled out.

There are too many gits trying to push crap like this, usually with 'its from my mates loft' in the description.

Now if only I could find a genuine Palitoy Ben :roll:

I emailed the seller too with no response. You can report fraudlent listings to e-bay and they should pull them. This one is listed under loose figures and says the figure is 30 years old and its is sealed and never been opened. Sounds fraudulent to me!

There's a genuine looking ben for sale at Ã'£900 here BIN though the sellers appalling spelling on the listing linked with a very dodgy looking tri logo Boba Fett listing has put me off making an offer on it. Plus it's price is a bit steep and it has a sticker in the top left corner.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/star-wars-12-back-palitoy-ben_W0QQitemZ300092181687QQihZ020QQcategoryZ56306QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Oh, and welcome to the forum btw. Always nice to see new members!

:)

Jason

Bollux

Grand Master
the fact that its almost a grand would put me off before I saw the little sticker

his spelling is appalling too

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Shame about the price as it looks half decent but thats AFA90 money from Brians Toys with the customs fees on top.

You'd think people would check a listing for spelling mistakes if Ã'£900 was riding on it?!!! :?

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
If someone e-mailed me saying an item I was bidding on was fake I would be suspicious of that person thinking he wants me to cancel my bid so he can buy it cheaper for himself !! :lol:

Then again I very rarely bid on anything until the last 5 seconds so it's never going to happen !! 8)

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
but you can always send them the links or info so they can research and make their own mind up :)

It seems that ebay is clamping down on members contacting other members they are not engaged in an auction with. It will stop some fraudulent doings but in this case unless ebay stop the auction - which seems unlikely, then the seller will usually get away with it :(

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
mr_palitoy said:
I emailed the seller too with no response. You can report fraudlent listings to e-bay and they should pull them. This one is listed under loose figures and says the figure is 30 years old and its is sealed and never been opened. Sounds fraudulent to me!

Jason

They never pull the auctions though. I have reported loads of fake auctions and ebay havnt pulled any of them. :cry: :cry: :roll: :evil: :x

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's cos they don't care!
They get their money either way and don't actually give a **** if someone gets stiffed! :twisted:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I and a couple of others mailed the winner of the auction to tell him it's a recard. He said thanks for the info so hopfully the seller will have got scuppered in the end.

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom