new star wars toys

han duo

Sith Lord
has anyone seen the new figures/vehicles that are for sale for the 30th aniversary ?? darth vader on a motor bike vehicle ??

"the imperial chopper". sounds like a ****in dildo !!! they should just leave it alone !!
if you dont belive me go to asda !!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
WTF!? :?

Just checked online and can't find anything, thankfully!

They really that bad?

han duo

Sith Lord
yes just came back from shopping ,, they had 14 different figures some from the original moves and the some from the new ones , the vintage characters are r2d2, luke in the outfit that he wears at the end of sw with the medal,,wedge in flight suit,,, han with a microphone thing like madonna (falcon battle scene) , and a rebel soldier from yavin 4 ( where the x-wings hanger is), YOU KNOW THE GUYS THAT STAND IN THE TOWER when the x-wings are taking off, and right next to them theyve got some vehicles , darth,boba,and x-wing pilot on motorbikes ??????

then next to them there is revenge of the sith figures,,,,, 2 figures for Ã'£2.50,,, , anyway iam so disgusted that iam not going to list the others that i saw ,, anyway its not my bag baby !!!

in there next advert asda want a slap in the face ,, not the arse !

han duo

Sith Lord
yes a little bit !! i can see that they are cool in there own way , but i wish they had just made them in the first place , to see them now is **** cause whos going to buy them ?? collectors want mostly the good stuff (vintage )
and anyone else between 25-40 , who was around the first time who arnet collectors couldnt give a toss , and i just think it brings down the coolness of what we all do as collectors , its as though some one somewhere is saying **** it just relese them some wankers will buy them, it just cheapins it for me,, dam shame !!

2stripes

Jedi Master
What do you buy the star wars collector that has everything?

Darth Vader on a motorbike I guess!

I don't do modern..even if I was a kid who'd got into Star Wars around Phantom Menace, I'd like to think I'd pass on buying one of those!

Sad confesion.. when I walk into my local Wollies where I used to buy figures as a kid, I still have a little look to my left as I walk in, just in case I've gone back in time and theres a few vintage figures on sale...(I've even had the odd dream that I've walked in and found some old stock still sat there) - I 've had a recurring dream about a Luke DT saber I keep finding!

I need to get out more :D

:oops:

2stripes

Jedi Master
han duo said:
yes a little bit !! i can see that they are cool in there own way , but i wish they had just made them in the first place , to see them now is **** cause whos going to buy them ?? collectors want mostly the good stuff (vintage )
and anyone else between 25-40 , who was around the first time who arnet collectors couldnt give a toss , and i just think it brings down the coolness of what we all do as collectors , its as though some one somewhere is saying **** it just relese them some wankers will buy them, it just cheapins it for me,, dam shame !!

I agree, although I guess theres a market for it, otherwise it wouldn't get made - Its a different mentality modern collecting to collecting vintage though, its all about the nostalgia for me 100% Modern just doesn't intrest me at all.

han duo

Sith Lord
yes but can you imagine around the board room table when discussing names for there new products,, " mm yes imperial chopper is a good name "" who the **** thought of that ,, is dale winton and graham norton making toys now !!!!!,, " yes yes lets put them on motorbikes" " ohh what a good idea"

tossers !

han duo

Sith Lord
i feel rage !!! :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:

i might go back to asda tommorow wearing my vader helmet and punch the manager in the mouth

:x :x :x :x

inzaman

Sith Lord
I'd disagree, whilst i can understand the upset of the motorbike's and the star wars transformers which i do think are bad, some of the 30th Anniversary items are excellent imo and some of the modern figures, mainly the clones, are also excellent. Dont get me wrong i like vintage as thats what i grew up with but some modern on display looks great.

Check a few of the pictures that i have posted for a few examples of excellent modern 8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
2stripes said:
I agree, although I guess theres a market for it, otherwise it wouldn't get made - Its a different mentality modern collecting to collecting vintage though, its all about the nostalgia for me 100% Modern just doesn't intrest me at all.

Jesus, I agree with an Everton fan! :shock: :lol:
I collect the vintage cos it's what I remember playing with/destroying as a kid. The modern stuff just doesn't look right to me, and I don't really have any interest in it.
But, as Inzi says, SOME of it looks pretty good and yes, some of it looks ****ing terrible! I guess someone must be buying it though!

Each to their own.

lee gray

Sith Lord
The figures on bikes came out last year there is also a luke xwing pilot one plus a boba fett one and they are absolutely crap

all moulded into one piece

so asda have the new wave in then of the new figures, i sold all of mine apart from concept stormtrooper and concept boba fett whicg are both on ebay at the moment as i dont really need any more star wars items now especially modern it just ends up as unwanted clutter

Bollux

Grand Master
2stripes I have had the very same dream about walking into toysrus and there being a rack full of vintage that they have found

Scruffy Looking

Padawan
I saw these figures in asda last week, but I can honestly say I didn't even look what charactors where that.

I've collected both vintage and modern, and although vintage will always be the best in my mind; the modern does have the benefit of having all the figures you really wished they had made the first time round.

Just my opinion anyway.

Baring in mind what I class as modern is older five years old! :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom