can you remember your first star wars encounter?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
being one of the younger members on here, i got my first star wars figure in 1985.

i was in hospital with kidney failure, and my older cousin, who was well into the toys, bought me a han hoth and a speeder bike. i can actually remember that moment, which is really cool 8)
after that mje and my bro's were hooked, we had a great collection by 1987.

anyone else remember when they first discovered "the force?"

jayjedi

Sith Lord
my 4 th birthday , dad takes me to see star wars at the cinema . first time i had been to the cinema. i came out a couple of hours later a changed boy 8)

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Remember watching the films loads when younger. Were on the telly by then.

Actual collectables was getting all my brothers stuff as he was much older. Good for me, bad for him and good for the toys as they got a new lease of life and didn't end up getting chucked out as would have been the case if we had been similar ages. No grabbing neighbours or younger relatives got their hands on our stuff as I know is the case for some people.

sith-smith

Grand Master
aged about 4 or five, I remember walking past a friends back garden and seeing some starwars figures. 8)

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
One Christmas around 1980 my uncle had rented the video of Star Wars and from that moment on I wanted to be Han Solo !! :oops: :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
Remember going to see Empire on its release, aged 7, and that was it for me. I think Lando was my first figure - I ended up swapping him for a jawa that had been chewed by a dog

I was a dumb kid :oops:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
The only film I saw at the cinema on release was Jedi but by that time I had already read the book so I knew what was going to happen!!

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
Remember going to see Empire on its release, aged 7, and that was it for me. I think Lando was my first figure - I ended up swapping him for a jawa that had been chewed by a dog

I was a dumb kid :oops:

I wonder just how many tons of Star Wars stuff ended up inside dogs and hoovers over the years?

spoons

Grand Master
Fitzy said:
I wonder just how many tons of Star Wars stuff ended up inside dogs and hoovers over the years?

as a kid all my vintage weapons either got hoovered up or lost in flower beds.

My folks found a rebel soldier and tusken raider last summer whilst digging up a flower bed :shock: no guns though.

If only they made a 'metal' detector for plastic :(

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
Fitzy said:

as a kid all my vintage weapons either got hoovered up or lost in flower beds.

My folks found a rebel soldier and tusken raider last summer whilst digging up a flower bed :shock: no guns though.

If only they made a 'metal' detector for plastic :(

There are going to be some mighty confused archeologists in a thousand years time. "So what is the religious significance of these burried icons?" "I believe them to be from the late 20th century period when we believe that Jedi was the major denomination"

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
jayjedi said:
spoons said:
Fitzy said:

:(
my sister used to bite their heads off :(
but she would eat anything to be fair so i gave her worms when she decapited my death star gunner :)

A punishment fitting the crime. You obviously had a strong sense of justice as a child.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i remember getting a falcon for christmas ,not sure how old i was
but it was second hand and was just covered with a piece of wrapping paper
my first real memory of the films was walking down stairs at 10 at night and finding my parents watching a pirate copy of jedi
they made me go to bed and wait till the morning to watch it
i remember my dad ****ing smirking the clever git

Bollux

Grand Master
I still remember quite vividly opening my Falcon (ESB box) and having the AT-AT either for the same birthday or the following Christmas.

I also remember getting my mum to put the battle damage stickers on my X-wing, even as a child I was fussy about condition! :wink:

inzaman

Sith Lord
The first SW film i saw at the pictures was ROTJ, my brother and i used to watch SW every Sunday morning.
I remember my parents also saying that at Christmas they used to trawl round shops for hours and hours looking for the specific SW figures that i wanted :D

spoons

Grand Master
Fitzy said:
There are going to be some mighty confused archeologists in a thousand years time. "So what is the religious significance of these burried icons?" "I believe them to be from the late 20th century period when we believe that Jedi was the major denomination"

odd you should say that as I am a mighty confused archaeologist :D

wozza35

Jedi Knight
I remember going to see a new hope when it came out in the cinema and i think my dad was just as blown away as i was :D .I did have one 12" figure and that was c3po my mother says she still has it but is yet to find it and as for the smaller figures im afraid they went down the family to my younger brothers and were lost forever :cry: We couldnt afford any of the big ships and thats why i have got an at at and a falcon and am hankering after an imperial shuttle,but the figures must come first otherwise i will never get anywhere near a complete set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom