AFA Population Report

inzaman

Sith Lord
Guys the AFA beta population report is up and it is very interesting, checked a few of mine;

Darth Vader TW U90 only 2 in existence.
R2-D2 TW Dark Blue U90 only 1 in existence :shock: this is mine :D
C3-PO HK U90 7 in existence.
Ben Kenobi No COO 90 only 3.
Han Bespin AFA 90 only 6.

Okay some so called rarities at the higher grades;
Vinyl Cape Jawa U90 2 in existence, 90 12 in existence, 85 57 :shock: in existence.
Luke Telescoping Saber 90 only 2 in existence, 85 13 in existence.
DV Telescoping Saber 95 just the 1, seen a picture of that 8) 90 just 3.
BK Telescoping saber 90 just the 2 and 85 just the 2.

It makes quite interesting reading if you scan a few of the items you have, or some of the rarer ones. To think that there is only one AFA U90 TW R2 is unreal, i ithought there might be a few more.

I wonder if we will now start to see ebay prices change with the population report as i didnt think that there was so many VC Jawa 85's about.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Vinyl Cape Jawa U90 2 in existence
Surley this cant be right. Who would take a vinyl jawa off his card just to get a u grade??? It would devalue it by hundreds. Any idear how many carded examples of this figure are graded? I bet its not many.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
84 vinyl cape 12 back jawas :shock:

I thought there'd be far fewer. Could the population report turn the vintage collecting world on its head? There may be far less so-called rare items than people expected!!

On the other hand I think I may send in my sealed Canadian Falcon as there's only two shown in report!!! :D

That is, if the report is accurate and you believe what AFA say :wink:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
wow there are only 4 graded examples of my afa 80 luke xwing pilot (no coo raised bar).
Does that make it worth more than a vc jawa????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also there are only 12 loose graded trilogo boba fetts!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I think everyone assumed there would be loads of everything graded by now but it seems not to be the case. Its hard to exactly what this says about the rarity of items as you just don't know who has what in ungraded collections but it will give a pretty good guide as to what is hard to come by these days. I think ebay gives a false impression of the rarity of some items as they get sold on and on and you often see the same item several times in a year on occassions.

Theres going to be many shocks and plenty of good surprises in there (nice one with the Scout Walker Weasel :D I don't think I've ever seen one of those!)

It seems the postage costs have put a lot of people off sending in larger items so there aren't too many graded ships and playsets at present. Only 2 Kenner boxed white tie fighters! and very few AT-AT's

Its also amazing how many Kenner 12 backs there are in excellent condition AFA 75 and above.

It will be interesting to see the after effects on ebay as more and more people become familiar with it.

lee gray

Sith Lord
Tis ture

4 of my figures are in the top 5 of their field but checking through trilogo graded yak face, less than 10 afa 80's and only one afa 85 a which i was expecting there to be atleast 25 80's out there

and as say for instance before with weasel lil ledy scout walker he could have put it on ebay before and ppl would have assumed there were several afa graded specimens but stating on the auction itself that it is the only afa graded one in existence will most prob put the price up
same as inzaman's R2-D2 TW Dark Blue U90 only 1 in existence

you put that in the title and you are going to get a premium

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
It's still in the testing stage so I wouldn't take too much notice of it just yet as those figures will change.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ohh aye it's bound to change, but it's interesting to see what all is (and isn't) out there.

It'll also be interesting to see what happens to Ebay prices, and especially all those auctions that say "one of only 3 known to exist" etc etc, as people can now go and check!

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Woohoo!! I'm the proud owner of the only U90 Dark Green / Brown Snake Yoda in the report 8)

hk_afa_u90_dark_green.jpg

lee gray

Sith Lord
go to toygrader site download a submission form and use this as a guide http://www.toygrader.com/gradingcostpackaged.aspx for what tier you want to pay and use

i sent a figure iof a couple of weeks ago on the 70 dollar archival tier plus with the shipping costs it cost me around 60 quid in total

but you can always use the cheapest cost and that way there and back with postage its only going to cost about 40 pounds max

lee gray

Sith Lord
cocofstar said:
Woohoo!! I'm the proud owner of the only U90 Dark Green / Brown Snake Yoda in the report 8)

hk_afa_u90_dark_green.jpg
cool coco beans yo!

I have always been tempted to get a lose graded figure myself but I expect when the time comes it will be a blue snaggletooth

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Would love to get a Graded Blue Snag as well :wink:

Think Chewie that used to post on the old forum got one off Todd (Bluesnagman)?

inzaman

Sith Lord
TWOFOOT said:
wow there are only 4 graded examples of my afa 80 luke xwing pilot (no coo raised bar).
Does that make it worth more than a vc jawa????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also there are only 12 loose graded trilogo boba fetts!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

It does make you wonder what will hapen to prices, and grading, over the coming year or years as this reports information starts to become common knowledge.

If i was to sell any of my AFA graded items now i would check the report and if there were only a handful i would state this on the auction and do this in comparison to say a VC jawa etc.

15 Trilogo Boba Fetts, no wonder i have had trouble tracking one down over the past year.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
TWOFOOT said:
Vinyl Cape Jawa U90 2 in existence
Surley this cant be right. Who would take a vinyl jawa off his card just to get a u grade??? It would devalue it by hundreds. Any idear how many carded examples of this figure are graded? I bet its not many.

yeah who would do such a thing :lol: :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom