Metropolis Toys

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hey all.

Has anyone on here dealt with Metropolis Toys?? Just wondered what they are like to deal with. Are they up for offers or negotiation or are their prices set in stone?? Got an item I might be interested in after Christmas but it's a little steep for my liking.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Chris

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Just a quick heads up:

Went to Ryton toy fair yesterday and picked up a Klaatu Skiff cardback with bubble attached.
Figure had been carefully removed.
This was on a stall being run by Metropolis Toys who also had a couple more cards with a loose Ree Yees and B-wing pilot POTF reseal with missing coin and gun.
Very shortly after buying the card I was looking at their graded figures when the chap on the stall told me he had the Klaatu at the shop with a lot more stuff.
He said he'd "cut the card open and removed the figure" himself.
My mate and I were a bit surprised at what we'd heard and I certainly wouldn't have bought the card if I'd known earlier.
Not ones for kicking up a stink we moved on.

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
tobedesu said:
Just a quick heads up:

Went to Ryton toy fair yesterday and picked up a Klaatu Skiff cardback with bubble attached.
Figure had been carefully removed.
This was on a stall being run by Metropolis Toys who also had a couple more cards with a loose Ree Yees and B-wing pilot POTF reseal with missing coin and gun.
Very shortly after buying the card I was looking at their graded figures when the chap on the stall told me he had the Klaatu at the shop with a lot more stuff.
He said he'd "cut the card open and removed the figure" himself.
My mate and I were a bit surprised at what we'd heard and I certainly wouldn't have bought the card if I'd known earlier.
Not ones for kicking up a stink we moved on.

What a knob !!! :twisted:

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
He has a shop in warwick, popped in a couple of time last summer, never brought anything as i didnt have the cash at the time and nothing that i was really after. But he did have some premium graded mocs and alot of rotj mocs out the back.

He used to work/own acme toys that was based in Erdington, Birmingham in the late 90s i brought plenty of mocs from him,

he seemed decent enough.

80s_collector

Padawan
jedi_masters said:
Hey all.

Has anyone on here dealt with Metropolis Toys?? Just wondered what they are like to deal with. Are they up for offers or negotiation or are their prices set in stone?? Got an item I might be interested in after Christmas but it's a little steep for my liking.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Chris

Very sound and old school dealer, Ive known him over 25 years and hes ok, his name is Chris.

indianawars

Sith Lord
My one and only experience with this guy was a very short one indeed. (My email) Hello, I'm interested in a few items you have on your site, are they still in stock.'

I received no response from them :(

spoons

Grand Master
He's good for a chat if you go in the shop, and is open to some price negotiation.

A lot of nice pieces in that shop, I don't think he's a Star Wars man so won't be as precious as most about opening sealed items. Not saying that I agree with that stance

x-pack

Grand Master
spoons said:
He's good for a chat if you go in the shop, and is open to some price negotiation.

A lot of nice pieces in that shop, I don't think he's a Star Wars man so won't be as precious as most about opening sealed items. Not saying that I agree with that stance

Probably just naiveté. I don't believe a serious collector would slice bubbles these days.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I find him a tad expensive but then I guess he has overheads having a high street shop which is v cool 8)

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
The cardback itself isn't bad although the bubble is yellowed.
I was interested in it as a reseal for my own collection and also I didn't remember this figure coming with an insert within the bubble.
I can only imagine that he considers yellowed bubbles unworthy.

Attachments

• IMG_20170515_205757.jpg
    IMG_20170515_205757.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 783
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom