What is the rarest loose production figure?

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Ok- it has to be a production figure- that means no first shots/ RF Boba Fett's etc..

But I am wondering what are the rarest loose production figures. Please include all countries/variants etc....

I thinking the DT Vader and Kenobi and the Vilx are obvious choices, but what else?

LL Bib Fortuna with purple cape?
PBP Pale face troopers?
Takara Stormtroopers?

Let me know what you think :)

BlueDog

Sith Lord
:lol: let the debates begin,
Red Cape Bib Fortuna, not sure if he's considered a production figure tho.
Toltoys vinyl caped Jawa
Takara C3P0 alt sculpt head

Lee77

Sith Lord
It's gotta be either a Vlix or a Toltoys VC Jawa. The vader and Ben are only really made rare by the sabers.
I'm sure there are variants that are hard to track down too but I don't have a clue about them.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
LL Bib Fortuna with purple cape?
PBP Pale face troopers?

burgandy

& what trooper??

"Toltoys VC Jawa. The vader and Ben are only really made rare by the sabers" the cape only makes the TT VC Jawa special/rare :wink:

Top Toys Luke Jedi
Top Toys Yoda
Taiwan Vader???

unproduced:
IMG_21032.JPG

IMG_21061.JPG

sith-smith

Grand Master
I'd say Vlix.

Everything else is a variation and so technically would come under 'what's the rarest variation?'

In terms of figures it should be named figured, as in the name that appears on the card, and for me that's Vlix. None of the others mentioned has that specific name on the card,

There isn't a V/C jawa, there isn't a toltoys this or Lily Ledy that. They are just called what they are on any other card or variation.

Vlix is called 'Vlix' He's not a variation, or paticular make (though I know he's Glasslite only) He's rare as Vlix which is a named production figure.

If that makes sense?

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Agreed, but i was also after country types or variations.

To make it simple- if you were going to a run of complete loose production figures that what would the hardest to find.

Vilix is an obvious choice I agree and the TT VC Jawa is definatly an addition. But what else?

Im noticing that many regional variations are now commanding high prices such as LL Bib with red cape. :p

sith-smith

Grand Master
Ok

Though i'd be inclined to include a DT saber in there.

But that said, I know nothing of all the other variations as that's not my speciality.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Me neither- I'd throw the DT's in there.

But i have no idea.

I'm noticing that on RS- Poch/PBP/LL figures going for good money.

itfciain

Grand Master
I'm with Gary. The rarest loose production 'figure' is Vlix and that is by a very long way. Forgetting VC this, Pale Face that and Toltoys the other - of every figure that was released on some form of card, Vlix is the rarest.

Question is, who is the rarest after that ? In the US most would say Yak Face, but we see so many of them here on Ebay that I can't believe that - I would think that Sisse Fromm or Tig Fromm would be next

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah- people go crazy for Yak Face loose- but i've seen more of them than complete Leia Orginals. I think the Yak thing is a bit like the VC Jawa thing.

Just from my focus- I'm finding the PBP TIE Pilot complete and in good condition super rare. I've managed to get one at a price but it kind of inspired me to start this thread and look into it. Found a few in super rough condition, but found this figure super hard to find. Thank the force for die hard variation collectors on the forums, otherwise I'd never find it.

Poch Green Limbs Bossk- crazy money
LL Jawa with Removable Hood- ???
LL Boba Fett with Removable Rocket- ???

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I am assuming 'Blue Stars' etc don't count as they are bootlegs and were not officially produced?
Yeh can't think of a rarer figure than Vlix, Mon Julpa was never released.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
itfciain said:
I'm with Gary. The rarest loose production 'figure' is Vlix and that is by a very long way. Forgetting VC this, Pale Face that and Toltoys the other - of every figure that was released on some form of card, Vlix is the rarest.

Question is, who is the rarest after that ? In the US most would say Yak Face, but we see so many of them here on Ebay that I can't believe that - I would think that Sisse Fromm or Tig Fromm would be next

I agree with that. After that, Droids C3PO and R2 seem to be harder to find than a Yak on any given day.

Joe

Grand Master
Wait till you try to find a regular Klaatu Trilogo with a good bubble! You will want to trade 100 Vlixes for one I tell you ;)

poncho

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
Yeah- people go crazy for Yak Face loose- but i've seen more of them than complete Leia Orginals. I think the Yak thing is a bit like the VC Jawa thing.

Just from my focus- I'm finding the PBP TIE Pilot complete and in good condition super rare. I've managed to get one at a price but it kind of inspired me to start this thread and look into it. Found a few in super rough condition, but found this figure super hard to find. Thank the force for die hard variation collectors on the forums, otherwise I'd never find it.

Poch Green Limbs Bossk- crazy money
LL Jawa with Removable Hood- ???
LL Boba Fett with Removable Rocket- ???

whats special about a pbp tie pilot? hows he differ from your standard tie...out of interest

olisuds

Sith Lord
Rarest production figure = Yak Face
Rarest foreign production figure = Vlix
Rarest bootleg = Headman or Blue Stars
Rarest accessory variations = DT Ben, DT Vader, TT Jawa
Rarest variations = Orange Hair Luke, Gold Neck Leia
Rarest European variations = PBP Luke Farmboy, PPB Cloud Car Pilot red helmet, PBP Luke Hoth, POCH Bossk bright green limbs to name a few
Rarest Foreign variations = LL Burgundy Coat Bib (Red Coat and white coat are preproduction), Top Toys Luke Jedi, Top Toys Yoda, Takara Stormtrooper

Of course there are plenty of minor variations that are equally rare but these are the well known major variations that spring to mind. Of course some of the foreign variations become even rarer if you count complete ones with correct accessories.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom