cleaning tip

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
most of you would have seen the lobot i have just bought with the dots on his pocket.
after rubbing them with my nail .then i baby wipe they hadfaded alot,so i tried some cif on a bit off kitchen roll and they jusy dissappeared.the fugure is now nm :D :D
any one else tried this

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
TWOFOOT said:
I have a strong chemical that i liberated from work which will remove paint from figures.But it will allso melt figures. :oops: :cry:

****ing hell tf ,i only wanted to get rid of a bit of muck

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
TWOFOOT said:
I have a strong chemical that i liberated from work which will remove paint from figures.But it will allso melt figures. :oops: :cry:

What's the chemical out of interest? (Not to sniff it, I work in Chemistry)

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Fitzy said:
TWOFOOT said:

domino 1000l wash
eec number 201-159-0 BUTANONE

It is used for removing date stamps from the top of tin cans.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
TWOFOOT said:
Fitzy said:
TWOFOOT said:

domino 1000l wash
eec number 201-159-0 BUTANONE

It is used for removing date stamps from the top of tin cans.

Just read the MSDS sheet for butanone. Not as bad as some but can affect the central nervous system, damage internal organs and cause birth defects in high levels. A bit like booze really. :D

Here's a really fun one I know of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrofluoric_acid

Essentially it could cause your bones to crumble after passing through your skin with only minor burns. Unless it destroyed all your internal organs first. :shock:

mash

Sith Lord
Essentially it could cause your bones to crumble after passing through your skin with only minor burns. Unless it destroyed all your internal organs first

hydroflouric :shock: i work with that **** as well! as well as Nitric acid, sulphuric acid, hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide and cyanide!!

what a way to make a living :?

mash

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
mash said:
Essentially it could cause your bones to crumble after passing through your skin with only minor burns. Unless it destroyed all your internal organs first

hydroflouric :shock: i work with that **** as well! as well as Nitric acid, sulphuric acid, hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide and cyanide!!

mash

My job ticks all those boxes too. What do you do?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
mash said:

mash

bloody hell mash ,i thought that was a picture of the guy from hellraiser :lol: :wink:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Fitzy said:
mash said:

mash

i used to have a job involving lots of chemicals ,used to get told they were well dangerous.made me go to clubs and dance to loud music while blowing whistles.

sorry that wasnt the job ,the job was where i went to recover :lol: :wink:

mash

Sith Lord
Fitzy
i am an electroplater mate mainly doing aircraft engines and ground turbines, how about yourself??

bloody hell mash ,i thought that was a picture of the guy from hellraiser

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: handsome bastard arent i :lol:

mash

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
mash said:
Fitzy
i am an electroplater mate mainly doing aircraft engines and ground turbines, how about yourself??
mash

I'm an analytical chemist. Same chemicals, way different jobs. Pretty weird that.

You probably use those chemicals in way bigger quantities than I do though. All pretty nasty stuff and that's even before you start combining them into yet more fun things. Don't mix the cyanide and the acid. That would be bad. :(

mash

Sith Lord
You probably use those chemicals in way bigger quantities than I do though. All pretty nasty stuff and that's even before you start combining them into yet more fun things

we use massive amounts of them for stripping our coatings off when they have gone wrong. they are normally at 30 - 50 % strength though so not that bad really oh yes the cyanide is kept away from the acid area in a locked cabinet :wink: probably because someone mixed it with acid!!! :lol:

i like putting copper into nitric acid that is a great reaction :lol: :lol: :!:

mash

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
If they taught fun chemistry like this in school then they may actually take an interest.

No body much gives a toss that vinigar will dissolve limestone. Frothing, groovy colours and big bangs are what is called for. I wouldn't want to have to be the teacher who had to run that class though. :)

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Fitzy said:
If they taught fun chemistry like this in school then they may actually take an interest.

No body much gives a toss that vinigar will dissolve limestone. Frothing, groovy colours and big bangs are what is called for. I wouldn't want to have to be the teacher who had to run that class though. :)

you have to be a ninja just to teach RE nowadays :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom