Anyone know much about Palitoy carded figures?

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Picked this up and was wondering if it is legit. There's no "waffle pattern" but doesn't look resealed to my eyes. Is this normal for some figures?

Card is really nice and kind of shiney if that means anything. I don't really have anything to compare it to. The bubble is of the two prongs at the bottom type.

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

lee gray

Sith Lord
Well fitzy, a good deal of palitoy cards are glossy compared to the matt finish style on a lot of the kenner ones plus only the kenner ones have waffles the palitoy bubbles are sealed/glued slightly different so are smooth plus that style of bubble is legit so it looks fine to me

With Dengar being my first mail away figure the back of the card is one of my favourites

spoons

Grand Master
nice looking card fitzy, like Lee says, doesn't look like you have anything to worry about

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:lol: Nahhh!
Just thought Fitzy would want as many opinions as possible, you'd already given him yours (and I know less than **** all about Palitoy cards) so I thought he may wanna ask Gary.

Don't worry if I was trying to slag you off I woulda been a lot more blatant about it and said "Don't whatever you do ask Lee he know's nothing" etc etc! :lol: :wink:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
A lot of foreign released (non Kenner USA) carded figures don't have the waffle weave.

Unless there is other evidence to indicate recarding/resealing I wouldn't worry.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Great stuff. Cheers everyone.

Sometimes forget that it's a Star Wars forum but good knowledge all round on this one.

Think I'm just paranoid about everything I buy. Too many bastards out to con you, especially on ebay.

Looks really odd because the main picture is pretty much black with no offer to break it up.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Fitzy said:
Think I'm just paranoid about everything I buy. Too many bastards out to con you, especially on ebay

Sadly there are also a lot more good people out there - it is just people don't rush to forums to post about the good ones because they have all the best stuff :wink: at reasonable prices, describe their stuff well, pack well and provide an all round good level service.

There are many collectors selling items who are just going about their own business selling in a proper manner but escape the limelight because they do nothing wrong.

Everytime people ask about who is good to buy from on ebay it is invariably the shops that get the mention rarely does fetthunter1138 (made up before you go looking) from Iowa who does amazing BIN deals, packs well and throws in freebies get a mention.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Thats a nice tie pilot fitzy, definitely looks the real deal 8)

Too true about the good sellers, I just got a AFA Palitoy R2 45a from the States, the seller was willing to negotiate on price and once agreed chucked in free priority postage as well, superb! :D

Maybe a sticky for recommended sellers might be an idea?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
People tend to want to keep good sellers they know about a secret though, in case they end up bidding against someone on here, in one of the sellers auctions!

Worth a try though.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
It's the classic: If you have a good customer experience you'll tell a 2 people, if you have a bad one you'll tell two dozen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom