Baggie/ multipack question

e30318is

Sith Lord
I am interested in one of the mailaway catalog multipacks. The set in question comes with four bagged figures. My question is, are the sets always packed with the same style baggies for each character?

For example, the following shows Stormtrooper in a different baggie type to the other two. So what I am wondering is, would all examples of this set have always contained the same cross section of baggies?
I.e. Fett in ESB-A, Stormtrooper in ESB-C, IG-88 in ESB-A.

sears-4959246.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think the packs is packed with different baggies. Not that I have a mulipack, so I can't be 100% sure.

But I have the POTF playsets and those set are packed with different baggies. Some of them is even packed with bend moc and not even a baggie.

Frank is the baggie king, maybe he knows more :D

shawn_k

Sith Lord
The one person that I'd recommend to try contacting is Andy_R. I don't see that multipack in his old limelight, but he's the one that was doing a lot of the research on them.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1004691/

I would have to say that different baggie types exist for a different character, but the combos would probably be what you'd need to know. I mean look at the Early Bird mailer for example, there's several different combinations for that one mailer alone. I'd at the very least make sure all the baggies match up with the right era, so in your case during ESB.

e30318is

Sith Lord
shawn_k said:

Thanks Shawn, thats a fantastic link mate. The set I am interested is in his limelight, but the baggie types are totally different to the set I have been looking to buy.
I am begining to think its a "liquorice allsorts" ie a set thats been completed with any old baggie.
What a minefield!

shawn_k

Sith Lord
e30318is said:
shawn_k said:

The set I am interested is in his limelight, but the baggie types are totally different to the set I have been looking to buy.

:oops: Must have skimmed too quickly. lol I hope you can find some more info on the baggie types.

Djbighair

Jedi Master
Hi mate

Yeah multi packs can contain a plethora of baggies In it. However some of the later mail away packs state the origins of the figure. So the country of manufacture should match what it says on the box.

If you got that pic from the achieve database of mail away packs, I have the pack below that's not the one in the picture and my bags are the same as that.

On these earlier mailers its probably more key that the reference number on the box is correct. These packs aren't that common, just check that the baggies match the Baggie style guide. Re heat or tape seal and if all good you're on to a winner.

I'd love that set, jealous of your opportunity to get it.

Rich

Ps this is a three pack not 4 as stated in your opening line just for reference, relates to the number of pops on the box. This was only available through sears usa in 1982.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Its a bit of an odd one this, you tend to find that the SW brown box EB sets are always identical baggies from box to box & all the same baggie type as a rule from what I have seen so far Ed, then there are the ESB sets which have various baggie types within the set (not always the same baggies) but of that era, though they tend to always be the same baggie variations in each set.

They you get to ROTJ MP's & its gets a lot less organised, with various baggies from set to set, like the 2 sets below -

IMGP0050.jpg

IMGP9999.jpg

As Shawn said, the guy that knows more about MP's than anyone would be Andy, hes a real nice guy & I am sure he will be a fountain of great info & usually happy to share it.

Try to remember deal with caution if its a set you are not familiar with as a LOT of them have been hashed back together in a pick 'n' mix fassion by collectors over the years, so not all packs out there have the correct baggies, first set I ever bought has all palitoy baggies :lol: but I knew nothing of MP's back then 7 only bought it for the baggies :oops:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom