AFA offer

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
http://www.toygrader.com/news.aspx

If anyone is sending anything to AFA this month they are offering 10% off grading submissions over $300 in May (presuming thats the value of items you submit and not the amount spent on grading fees?)

Does anyone know whether they are still taking submissions at Celebration? That might save a few quid :D

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Its pretty easy if you use their online form (sign up first) and print out the tables of grading tiers beforehand: http://www.toygrader.com/afapricingschedule.pdf
(so you can cross reference to what price code your item falls under)

The website layout isn't the easiest to follow but once you've done one you'll have no bother. :)

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Thanks, i'll cast my eye over it....last thing i want to do though is send the carded figs off and have them come back with cracked bubbles.

Might just send my Vinyl Jawa over too!

Ta.

lee gray

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:
http://www.toygrader.com/news.aspx

If anyone is sending anything to AFA this month they are offering 10% off grading submissions over $300 in May (presuming thats the value of items you submit and not the amount spent on grading fees?)

Does anyone know whether they are still taking submissions at Celebration? That might save a few quid :D
I wouldnt have thought they would be coming to the uk celebration taking submissions just the american one, although could be wrong

they have changed their address now too, i really dont see the reason behind them making submission forms via adobe to download them and then when you download the forms its about 8 pieces of paper which adds up the cost on packing

the online submission forms would be much easier if you could submit it online too so not having to download the paper work and just sending a reference number with your item as would be a lot easier

lee gray

Sith Lord
Jukesy said:
I would love to send most of my ungraded items off to AFA but i don't know how to fill out the forms correctly :oops:
It is a good experience even if you only do it the once, especially if you know for a fact the figure you are sending off is going to do you proud

after I had my last figure graded I asked them for the detailed faults and grade which for some reason they dont tell you unless you ask

boushh1.JPG

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
lee gray said:
Jukesy said:
I would love to send most of my ungraded items off to AFA but i don't know how to fill out the forms correctly :oops:
It is a good experience even if you only do it the once, especially if you know for a fact the figure you are sending off is going to do you proud

after I had my last figure graded I asked them for the detailed faults and grade which for some reason they dont tell you unless you ask

ca.JPG

that makes that card sound rough as **** lee :lol: :lol:

lee gray

Sith Lord
You know in all honesty if they had sent me those details without the grade i would have though what a load of cock and that it wasnt even going to get an 85 overall but with the figure and bubble looking really nice I was hoping that would swing the grade as most of the cardback was nice but defo not 90 worthy

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I wouldnt have thought they would be coming to the uk celebration taking submissions just the american one, although could be wrong

Having just looked over RS Tom Derby at AFA has confirmed they will be at Celebration Europe and will be taking submissions to send back to the US. It seems they are going to charge a small postage fee but it should be a hell of a lot cheaper than rip-off Parcelforce :D

lee gray

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:

Having just looked over RS Tom Derby at AFA has confirmed they will be at Celebration Europe and will be taking submissions to send back to the US. It seems they are going to charge a small postage fee but it should be a hell of a lot cheaper than rip-off Parcelforce :D
Damn it! I just read that post and rushed back here to edit my post so i didnt look silly but you beat me to it ;)

Pity they cant do grading on the spot

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I think they would want to avoid that as they seem to keep graders away from contact with collectors so there is no pressure on their work. Even the exact location of their offices is supposed to be a secret as the address given on the website is just a holding location for delivered items as I understand it. Its all a bit mysterious 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom