Star Wars Cast & Crew

x-pack

Grand Master
Hi

I was just wondering what you guys say to cast and crew members when you meet them at events.

The reason i ask is that some seem to be really friendly and approachable while others are clearly there for the money and can't be arsed talking to fans, such as Kenny Baker.

The nicest people i met were at the Burnley fan day - Katy Purvis and Paul Blake. I asked Paul how he got started and how he got the part of Greedo. All that really interests me because it seems like the people who were in Star Wars as bit parts were just there at the right time. Most crew were just studio hands or involved with the unions and contracted to certain studios. It's fascinating really. Katy was just lovely showing with pride her cast invite to the ROTJ premier. Really nice lady to meet.

It stands to reason that people in smaller parts might be more enthusiastic with fans as they probably don't get hassled all day every day. But what do you ask the likes of Dave Prowse or Peter Mayhew for example? I found Dave Prowse very dismissive. At Elstree Empire Day he got on one because people were crowding his table in order to see Kenny Baker. But then KB was equally unfriendly.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I find Antony Daniels to be offish.

Mind you, im a homophobic midget. :lol:

Dave Prowse was dissmissive at Empire Day.

jackabina

Sith Lord
Femi Taylor was very nice. I've met Jeremy Bullock a few times, each time he has been awesome!

escapist

Jedi Knight
Only met two so far!

I found Jeremy Bulloch to be really talkative when I met him! To be fair, I started the conversation by saying how he scared the **** out of me in O Lucky Man which is one of my favourite films of all time. I think that threw him! haha

Tim Rose was very interesting and when the conversation got on to my son, he explained he worked on the animatronics in the heads of the characters from Teletubbies and In the Night Garden...

x-pack

Grand Master
See, that's the interesting stuff that most people don't know. I bet most actors get bored being asked the same Star Wars related things after so long so it's probably nice when fans ask them about other aspects from their careers. My wife kind of knows Kenny Baker as she works for the Lancashire press and his attitude to anything Star Warsy is that 'it's for the kids' or 'i'm too old'. Fair enough i suppose, he is getting on a bit. But he does still show up for signings and will happily take your £15.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Heard that Carrie could be quite cold, though you'd have to admit it was very nice of her to show you her twat. :shock:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Cc4rhu said:
I don't get this paying for autographs stuff. No way would I ever.

Seconded. £15 to sign a bit of paper!? Jog on ball bag, I'll just forge it myself!

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
I found Peter Mayhew to be a total knob. I saw him sat cross armed when a 6/7 year old kid asked him to sign his Chewbacca action figure, when Mayhew shook his head and pointed to an "out to Lunch" sign proped up in front of him....dickhead. Dave Prowse was alright when I met him but I've heard nothing but bad things about the man.

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
At Celebration London I found David Prowse to be a really nice old fella. I asked him how he was feeling these days which promted a loooong rant about his aches and pains, poor fella.

I think that day I also met Shannon McRandle, who was the model who was Mara Jade on the book covers or something. She was nice too. Have no idea what we talked about but could tell you what she was wearing (not much)

:)

PGowdy

Grand Master
I've never met anyone who was in any of the original trilogy. Not that i know of anyway.

If i met David Prowse tho i'd tell him that the voice was my favourite thing about Vader.

x-pack

Grand Master
BlueDog said:
Heard that Carrie could be quite cold, though you'd have to admit it was very nice of her to show you her twat. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: even now i probably would. At the end of the day she was Pricess Leia :wink:

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
Apparently Warrick Davis is alright, he occasionally shops when my girlfriend works, and she's says he's always been happy to do autographs and pics when asked!

Apparently half the staff went giddy first time he went in, but because of harry potter, not star wars... Heathens!

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Spoke with Jeremy Bulloch and Billy Dee Williams at "Invasion Dublin".... JB was very nice and chatted about a few things, I agree with what someone else said here about discussing other things outside of SW....Jeremy Bulloch was talking about enjoying the Guinness.
Billy Dee was cool to meet, he was sound to talk to and again discussed other movie roles he had done......although some fella did think he was Apollo Creed from Rocky..... :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom