Best reference guide for variants

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Does anyone have any thoughts on what is the best reference guide for vintage variants? I know a lot of you chaps are seriously into variants and some even have smashing websites like Coco's. However, there do seem to be a lot of discrepancies about what is or isn't a true variant. A couple that spring immediately to mind are the green snake yoda and green limbed chewbacca. Is there any guide or book out there that people regard as being as close to definitive as currently possible? As an aside I should say that I know I don't post much on here... but I am always lurking with interest. Cheers fellas.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Sadly there is no real "guide" to collecting variants. The only way I discovered variants even existed was by looking at pictures of what other collectors had. Then I would save their pictures onto my PC as reference and try to find them. Coco's web site is a good reference source to use if you are just starting out plus there are some pictures of my figures in the gallery although I have trimmed down some of my collection of minor variants. 8)

Also I consider the green limbed Chewie and the green snake Yoda as genuine variants and I'm sure 99% of variant collectors will agree and 99% of MOC collectors will disagree !!! :lol:

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Craig is right, there is no better education in variants than checking out other peoples collection pics. Apparently Billyboyrodgers is writing or going to write a book about variants but I aint heard nothing about that in a while :( would be a great help if someone did!

My site is still in its infancy and I doubt I'll ever be able to complete a full set of variants but it is great fun trying :D

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
cocofstar said:
Craig is right, there is no better education in variants than checking out other peoples collection pics. Apparently Billyboyrodgers is writing or going to write a book about variants but I aint heard nothing about that in a while :( would be a great help if someone did!

My site is still in its infancy and I doubt I'll ever be able to complete a full set of variants but it is great fun trying :D
Billyboyrodgers knows all there is to know about varients.His collection is on par with a well stocked toy shop. Its awesome.
He is taking forever with that book though. :roll:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Bill was due to release a DVD over 2 years ago but it had production problems and the book should have been here over a year ago.

Both of them were about Palitoy items, not all variants though. The trouble is with the problems he has on RS right now he has probably alienated most of his potential customers who would have bought copies out of respect for him. :(

lee gray

Sith Lord
Well you know how fickle some ppl are, the same people who were against him will probally be the first in the queue for the book.

I personally think Bill is a nice guy but the lack of appologies and the way things were handled were not so nice but I guess I am fickle as would love to have another star wars guide book to read :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom