empire mag

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
saw the 30th aniversary star wars editions in morrisons .look well cool was gonna get one on way out but forgot after looking for best booze deal :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
You beat me to it. I was just about to post on this topic!

Bought and read Empire coming back from Liverpool on Thursday.
It's ok, to be honest not a lot in it. A supposedly "lost" interview with Georgue Lucas from '75, a list of the 30 most important characters in SW's, which has "Ben Kenobi" AND "Obi Wan Kenobi" in it, (go figure! :? ) and a few paragraphs on the future of SW's, which really give nothing new away at all.

The front covers are pretty cool and it's maybe worth a read but I wouldn't get too excited about it! :(

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
weasel said:
You beat me to it. I was just about to post on this topic!

Bought and read Empire coming back from Liverpool on Thursday.
It's ok, to be honest not a lot in it. A supposedly "lost" interview with Georgue Lucas from '75, a list of the 30 most important characters in SW's, which has "Ben Kenobi" AND "Obi Wan Kenobi" in it, (go figure! :? ) and a few paragraphs on the future of SW's, which really give nothing new away at all.

The front covers are pretty cool and it's maybe worth a read but I wouldn't get too excited about it! :(

i thought about buying one and holding on to it.the greedo cover was good

lee gray

Sith Lord
Went into w h smiths today and they had a nice promotion stand with about 20 of the 30 different covers .. I wanted the boba fett cover but that was one of the ones they didnt have so didnt get it for now

had a quick look inside it at the prototype toys which was a nice little article

I wont be one of those sad cunts though who will buy all 30 covers just because its star wars ...Im sure there are plenty of sad cunts who will though :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
PM me your address Jabba and I'll post you mine. Like I said it's really not that great a write up though.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
weasel said:
PM me your address Jabba and I'll post you mine. Like I said it's really not that great a write up though.

i am of to shop in a bit so if there is one left i will pick it up if not will pm you when i get back

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
weasel said:
Cool. 8)

As you've probably realised by now there isn't actually much in it.

its not bad ,wish i had one of the limited jar jar ones for the free gift see if any pop up on ebay
also that tie pilot proto looks good and the guy from simpsons saying why didnt the stormtroopers just bend down and shoot lukes legs off :lol: :lol:

mash

Sith Lord
i got the Fett cover at Tesco didnt have many others i wanted really the piece about the toys is interesting but it should go on longer i think all the rest has been written before somewhere so its nothing new.

Jabba there is only 10 copies :shock: of the Jar Jar cover so i dont think they will be easy to get hold of :cry:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
mash said:
i got the Fett cover at Tesco didnt have many others i wanted really the piece about the toys is interesting but it should go on longer i think all the rest has been written before somewhere so its nothing new.

Jabba there is only 10 copies :shock: of the Jar Jar cover so i dont think they will be easy to get hold of :cry:

i know ,but i bet they apperar on ebay for silly money

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Thinking out loud, can you buy empire on line, from its own web site even?
If you can buy it from it's site you may be able to request what cover you get. Not sure, just an idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom