What is with international post these day

lee gray

Sith Lord
No matter if I use regular airmail or express post from america I usually get the item within a week or maybe ten days at the most but 2 times this year waiting for items from america have taken nearly 3 weeks
and now a third parcel I am waiting for is not here after 2 and a half weeks now and I am starting to get pissed off with the waiting plus the custom bills too

the service never use to be this bad

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Im also awaiting parcels from America since 3rd May :roll:

Contacted seller and therye taking just aslong to respond tho which is pissing me off, even worse when they asked me to check the post office this end without giving me the tracking number!!

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Could it be to do with all the changes to pricing and services at USPS? It could have affected sorting and international dispatch speeds. Apparently the prices have gone up a fair amount but they have also slapped upper limits on the size of boxes as well so its as well to check before buying anything too big as it'll cost silly money :(

lee gray

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:
Could it be to do with all the changes to pricing and services at USPS? It could have affected sorting and international dispatch speeds. Apparently the prices have gone up a fair amount but they have also slapped upper limits on the size of boxes as well so its as well to check before buying anything too big as it'll cost silly money :(
That will be too bad for us that get items direct from toygrader with the size of their boxes that I can almost fit in for just one figure ;) I am a dwarf though hehe

Jukesy said:
Im also awaiting parcels from America since 3rd May :roll:

Contacted seller and therye taking just aslong to respond tho which is pissing me off, even worse when they asked me to check the post office this end without giving me the tracking number!!
The other week I contacted parcel force for an item that never had a tracking number but The service I use always gets delivered by them for some reason and i gave them when and where it was posted, the address of the company, my full address and asked them if there is any chance at all they might have a parcel for me anywhere in the main depot and they said without a tracking number they cant find out nothing until the parcel is at their end and it gets a parcelforce number attached and is ready to leave the building .

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
That will be too bad for us that get items direct from toygrader with the size of their boxes that I can almost fit in for just one figure I am a dwarf though hehe
They certainly win the award for most outragiously overpackaged items.
I know some things are valuble but you could run over their packaging with a tank and it still wouldnt be damaged.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I haven't noticed any difference in delivery speeds. :?

Could it be the seller didn't post it on the day that they said as that has happened to me a few times in the past? :x

spoons

Grand Master
I've been waiting since April 23rd for one item :cry:

I've not heard anything from the seller who i first contacted on the 8th May- who also hasn't left any feedback for his other buyers since that date

I've opened a paypal claim and still no word, I'm a bit worried they are in hospital or worse :?

I'd rather get my TIE fighter than a partial paypal refund :evil:

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I'm giving up on Paypal, they rarely refund what you have paid if they decide a claim in your favour. If the seller doesn't have enough funds in their account then Paypal can't get it all back for you. They then close the case and make no further effort to get the rest :evil:

I'm going to make sure I use a credit card with an online fraud guarantee, that way if things go missing or are not as described you are assured of getting 100% of your money back :)

lee gray

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:
I haven't noticed any difference in delivery speeds. :?

Could it be the seller didn't post it on the day that they said as that has happened to me a few times in the past? :x
Usually I would think that but it is a parcel from toygrader I am expecting and they emailed me the day they sent the parcel off to notify me and it cant be stuck in customs as they dont put a price on the packages plus leave the note

spoons

Grand Master
Just had two items take 4 days - even with our Bank holiday :shock:

Its all just random :roll:

spoons

Grand Master
lee gray said:
spoons said:
Just had two items take 4 days - even with our Bank holiday :shock:

Its all just random :roll:
Luckily my item came today. phew

and I just got a full paypal refund :shock:

I think the guy really must be in hospital or worse :(

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
"Lucky" ..............................that the bloke's dead so Spoons got a full refund? :wink: :lol:

lee gray

Sith Lord
weasel said:
"Lucky" ..............................that the bloke's dead so Spoons got a full refund? :wink: :lol:
lol I was pondering about rephrasing my sentance but thought if the guy was dead then or seriously ill he wouldnt be able to get online to do a refund :)

spoons

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
Was the Tie Fighter a bargain as maybe he didn't want to let it go that cheap?

It was a carded DV TIE for about Ã'£25 - a good deal but not a steal

He's sold loads of other things at the same time, and hasn't left feedback for any of them, and he's got 600 feedback at 100%

I honestly don't think he was trying to rip me off - his computer could be down but you would assume he could check his emails elsewhere?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom