AFA U grade and date of figure production

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Tis the day for my stupid questions!

I can't recall seeing any loose AFA figures with dates other than when they were first produced. i.e. most of the original 12 characters produced all seem to have the dates 1977 or 1978, ESB tend to have 1980 whislt figs first produced on ROTJ cards are 1983. I guess my question is were all figures of one type produced, or more likely patented from the same year? - i.e. a sand person for instance with '77 on his leg - would he also have '77 on his leg if he was taken from an ESB or ROTJ card? If so then surely it seems strange that the value of these U graded would be much greater than the value of other figures first released on ROTJ cards as there seems to be plenty of ROTJ cards around relative to the SWs.

Forgive my waffly question and structure, but I think you know what I'm getting at.

cheers

spoons

Grand Master
all the 12 back characters will have a 1977 date on them regardless of when they were made, and the same goes for ESB figures with a 1980 stamp.

and as to the value I'd guess its purely a question of desirability - most people would much rather have a U grade Darth than a Klaatu :wink:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
so were the 1977 figures on a star wars card and on a jedi card produced at same time or just same mould with old date on

steve_tomlinson

Padawan
I *think* (but might be wrong :) ), that the dates are the dates of the copyrights, and not the dates of production -thats why a LH Han Solo taken off a 1983 Jedi card would have a 70's date.

I always figured all these high grade U85/U90 loose AFA figures to be off later cards -taking Han Solo as an example -the pain jobs on ROTJ carded examples always seen miles better than early SW cards, well, certainly the ones i've seen and owned.

Steve :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom