Who's in the right??

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hi,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140123915425&ssPageName=ADME:B:TB18:UK:5

I just won these figures and am being asked to send money as bank transfer.
The auction said at the bottom that they don't accept paypal outisde of europe, but we are in europe!!
I'm refusing to pay by bank transfer, should I take the non paying bidder and neg that ebay will give or send the money?
Is it worth the risk???

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Bankers draft is like a cheque.

Seller's payment instructions
##Please note that I do not accept any paypal payments from outside of europe##

Thats the bit that made me think paypal was ok for the uk :roll:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
roundster said:
Bankers draft is like a cheque.

Seller's payment instructions
##Please note that I do not accept any paypal payments from outside of europe##

Thats the bit that made me think paypal was ok for the uk :roll:

what the seller say ,his feedback is good

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Seller only has 24 feedback all of which is good.

Says I have to pay by Bank transfer, no other option. I've even offered to pay the paypal fees, but no go :evil:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
he doesnt say he accepts pay pal either .the thing i would worry about is what insurance do you have sending a postal order or bankers draft to germany

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
The seller does say payment by postal order or bank draft so you don't have much choice, especially if he won't take extra to account for the paypal fees.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
No insurance, once money is sent just have to hope he's honest and that figures are legit :(

Just had this message from them
"I'm sorry but I wrote to you I had problems with PayPal when I've got payments from outside of Europe.
So my attourney is currently in a law suit against PayPal and therefore in the moment I can't get any payments through PayPal from outside of Germany." :?

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
It is a risk with the high value, especially as he doesn't have very high feedback. You can either take the risk and pay by bank transfer or say you don't want them and let him offer them to the 2nd highest bidder and risk getting a negative feedback and a non paying bidder strike.

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
What a difficult **** he's being. Could have clearly stated no paypal for non German bidders. Problem with bankers drafts is the bank charge you have to cough up to get them - i think.

Having said that I've paid with drafts before without problem. In your reply I would mention that the UK is within Europe and he clearly stated no paypal outside of europe - suggests EU is fine.

What a shite

spoons

Grand Master
roundster said:
Hi,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140123915425&ssPageName=ADME:B:TB18:UK:5

I just won these figures and am being asked to send money as bank transfer.
The auction said at the bottom that they don't accept paypal outisde of europe, but we are in europe!!
I'm refusing to pay by bank transfer, should I take the non paying bidder and neg that ebay will give or send the money?
Is it worth the risk???

Don't pay and report him for deciding that the UK isn't in Europe, he's in the wrong and any neg should get cancelled.

I bid on another of his lots with a Han Hoth which he swore were all original with no repairs, yet a MOC biker scout had a big black square of card added to one of the corners - something doesn't seem right with this guy :roll:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
at end of day i would try to talk nicely to the german bastard and try to sort out a meathod of payment that gives you some insurance .do it through ebay and if he come **** you could always tell ebay to check the messages and may save you against a neg and 200 notes

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Well I would suspect the legal stuff is bullshit, he's just being awkward. Roundster is in the right I reckon - problem is its probably not worth risking the negative feedback etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom