My New Website layout, would love yout thoughts.

Badderius

Jedi Knight
Hey all,

After purchasing Photoshop Elements 11 and learning more about taking good quality pictures I have redesigned my home page, which also shows off my latest purchases.

Still got a few things to add to the home page, and once happy with follow a similar layout to showcase the other lines page by page.

Welcome your thoughts, and hope you like my new additions. Took ages to find a good quality POTF logo, which will be my home page banner and also of course the banner for POTF page.

www.badderius.com

Cheers.

Garry

Badderius

Jedi Knight
Mmmmmm wonder why, errrrrrrrr ok looks like IPAD ect is slowing down.

Checked my PC log in and seems fine with PC viewing.

Will try work out why slows or not shows on IPAD, Mobile ect.

Thanks

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Wow £110 for a year that sounds expensive, I pay £20 in denmark a year.

But It looks great, I can see you can learn me something :shock:

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Yeah your hosting does sound a tad expensive.

Nice site, good work there. I know how labour intensive these things are

On a design note I would change the background to black that way the logo and text boxes would then all be the same colour and give a nice uniform feel. I also had to wait some time for the background to load on my phone last night. The black may give it a quicker load time too as its not a graphic.

poncho

Grand Master
looks good on my laptop admire your dedication to the vintage 8) , i would highten your main logo with potf it looks a little squashed could be my web browser though im using chrome.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Looks good mate :D

PIGCITY said:
Nice site, good work there. I know how labour intensive these things are

On a design note I would change the background to black that way the logo and text boxes would then all be the same colour and give a nice uniform feel. I also had to wait some time for the background to load on my phone last night. The black may give it a quicker load time too as its not a graphic.

Got to agree with PC here for aesthetics and speedy browsing...

Badderius

Jedi Knight
Many thanks for the comments all, appreciate it.

Will change the background to black and tweek the Banner. As my collection is in storage best way for me to keep the buzz alive is to show case them on my website, tis fun as well learning and tweeking things as I go along.

Will be adding ROTJ run this weekend, so will update it again Sunday night.

Many thanks all.

Garry

Merrion

Padawan
Badderius said:

Will change the background to black and tweek the Banner. As my collection is in storage best way for me to keep the buzz alive is to show case them on my website, tis fun as well learning and tweeking things as I go along.

Many thanks all.

Garry

Intersting idea to setup a web page to showcase your collection due to being in storage. Are they in storage due to concerns they will degrade if exposed to direct sunlight or just space issues? Curious as I started a thread recently about whether I should display my items or keep them in storgae to reduce the risk of degradation.

Badderius

Jedi Knight
Merrion said:
Badderius said:

Many thanks all.

Garry

Intersting idea to setup a web page to showcase your collection due to being in storage. Are they in storage due to concerns they will degrade if exposed to direct sunlight or just space issues? Curious as I started a thread recently about whether I should display my items or keep them in storgae to reduce the risk of degradation.

Heya bud, essentially space is the problem. We are aiming to move home within 3years tops, and I have an agreement with my wife i require two things, and two things only:

1. Media Room!

2. And a room dedicated to my collection :)

So while I collect, they go into storage until then, and to keep the buzz alive I thought about showcasing on a website. Which has turned out to be a superb idea, fun learning about website layouts and taking better pictures with photoshop elements ect.

When I do move house then one thing is certain, my collection will be show cased in a dedicated room 100% :)

Cheers

Merrion

Padawan
Badderius said:
Merrion said:
Badderius said:

Many thanks all.

Garry

Heya bud, essentially space is the problem. We are aiming to move home within 3years tops, and I have an agreement with my wife i require two things, and two things only:

1. Media Room!

2. And a room dedicated to my collection :)

So while I collect, they go into storage until then, and to keep the buzz alive I thought about showcasing on a website. Which has turned out to be a superb idea, fun learning about website layouts and taking better pictures with photoshop elements ect.

When I do move house then one thing is certain, my collection will be show cased in a dedicated room 100% :)

Cheers

Nice one, I like your style and the obvious Jedi mind tricks you display to ensure your wifes consent 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom