Xenon

Bollux

Grand Master
Anyone on here traded with "Xenon" before?

he offered to sell me a Lando "no teeth" and when he sent me photos I "dared" to try to barter with him.

he then told me that going back on a deal is not a way to ingratiate myself with another collector.

I didnt agree to anything! And besides what is so wrong with a bit of bartering? :wink:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Never heard of him. :?

Every collector haggles when doing deals, it's part of the fun. :wink:

Surely a Londo figure is probably only worth about Ã'£8 so how cheap were you trying to get it? :lol:

Bollux

Grand Master
He wanted Ã'£5.50 for a "no teeth" without weapon and with damage to hand!

Besides I always try to get things cheaper! Who doesnt? :wink:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Found this one for Ã'£8 (+Ã'£2 p&p) in mint condition with original accessories.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/C9-5-LANDO-CALRISSIAN-VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ170046297160QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50277QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Stop being tight and buy it !! :lol: :wink:

Bollux

Grand Master
Nice one!

I certainly wont be buying the one from him! cheeky get!

I have a spare bespin blaster and wanted to use it thats all!

I also need a White bespin guard! :wink:

A

Anonymous

Hi,

First of all the figure was described via PM and also the price quoted.There's some paintwear to the fingers not damage as in plastic missing etc as portrayed by the above.
The quoted price was inclusive of shipping.The price was quoted and not dismissed by the buyer.
Then a day or so later the buyer asked how much would it be(after he'd been informed of that prior).Then he tried to haggle down from what is a fair price.
I've done deals with 2 collectors who are members here.They were both pleased with the deals and left positive feedback on the previous forum.

This sounds like sour grapes on the part of the potential buyer here as he couldn't successfully get a figure dirt cheap.
Anyway there's been enough time wasted with this potential deal, and this post is just a response to what seems an attack on the reputation.
The aformentioned members who left feedback can chip in with their comments on previous deals.

Hey why don't we all post about deals when we don't get what we want :wink:.

Regards,

Xenon

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i have pulled out of deals with edd, sith and coco before on this site and they have all been top class about it (cheers lads)
i also dont see whats wrong with haggleing on here as well its not fu*****g ebay
plus Ã'£5.50 for a lando ..i hope you wore a mask when you gave him that price
i just let one go cause i had one of each and i am not bothered about varient you could have had that for a pound +p+p
i dont want to fall out with anyone but i only collect cause of the memories and love of the figures,and wanting Ã'£5.50 for a lando with no weapon or cape is taking the piss

Bollux

Grand Master
to be fair the cape was included but thanks for the support Jabbawokkie!

much appreciated.

I didnt pull out of anything, I agreed to nothing just wanted to see some pics and then he went off at me because i said i wanted a fairer price that wasnt what he stated!

jayjedi

Sith Lord
jabbawokkie said:
i dont want to fall out with anyone but i only collect cause of the memories and love of the figures,and wanting Ã'£5.50 for a lando with no weapon or cape is taking the piss
agreed
nothing wrong with wanting Ã'£5.50, but it does sound a bit pricey, and haggling is all part of the collecting buisness.
getting the arsehole about it isn't going to solve it , bollux was right to pull out if he didn't want it at that price

sith-smith

Grand Master
It's amazing really when you think that these are just toys.

Certainly nothing worth creating bad feelings over.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
It's amazing really when you think that these are just toys.

Certainly nothing worth creating bad feelings over.
agreed
the thing with me is if i see a at at i dont hink Ã'£Ã'£Ã'£Ã'£Ã'£ i think about when i built a base in the snow with my next door neighbour and had all the figures outside

sith-smith

Grand Master
Yeah, once the nostalgia kicks in it can be pretty intense.

I think that's one of the few things that might make me quit. When I no longer feel nostalgic.

Xenon said:
I've done deals with 2 collectors who are members here.They were both pleased with the deals and left positive feedback on the previous forum.

Yep, no bother with the Droopy flute you sold me. Arrived next day.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
No money changed hands so nobody has lost out and Xenon reputation as a reliable seller is still intact so lets all be friends again. :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom