why

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
every now and again i start to think even though i love the figures do i really need to buy all of them again
surley there is something more important to spend my cash on
and then it passes
does any one else get this horrible feeling

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
the great thing is, it's virtually a riskless investment.
unlike buying an expensive car, big stereo, or the other things "normal" people our age buy, star wars toys will pretty much hold their value. so it's just like having money in the bank, which you can always get hold of if neccessary!

that's how i justify it anyway :lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
ahem.

Actually sometimes i do.

There's loads of stuff in my collection i regret buying.

I could probably pay of my mortgage very quickly if i sold up.

But i would be missing out on the enjoyment and nostalgia so i don't really give it too much thought.

I don't drink or smoke so i need one vice (other than women)

plus if i ever was desperate for money i could always sell.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
jabbawokkie said:
every now and again i start to think even though i love the figures do i really need to buy all of them again
surley there is something more important to spend my cash on
and then it passes
does any one else get this horrible feeling

That's just crazy talk!

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
ahem.

Actually sometimes i do.

There's loads of stuff in my collection i regret buying.

I could probably pay of my mortgage very quickly if i sold up.

But i would be missing out on the enjoyment and nostalgia so i don't really give it too much thought.

I don't drink or smoke so i need one vice (other than women)

plus if i ever was desperate for money i could always sell.

dont know about mortgage but could clear a nice chunk of credit card

spoons

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
the great thing is, it's virtually a riskless investment.
unlike buying an expensive car, big stereo, or the other things "normal" people our age buy, star wars toys will pretty much hold their value. so it's just like having money in the bank, which you can always get hold of if neccessary!

that's how i justify it anyway :lol:

me too, whenever postie arrives with another parcel thats my standard line to my other half :lol:

She doesn't quite believe me though

i used to smoke and spent at least Ã'£1k a year on that, i dont spend that much on SW (yet :wink: )

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I sometimes wonder why I keep buying minor variants of the same figure when I could be saving the money for something else.

Two weeks ago I had 6 Luke Bespins, now I think I have 10 !! :lol:

inzaman

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:
now I think I have 10 !! :lol:
Wow that is a lot of variants.
As i am collecting AFA graded loose, not many have been coming up of late so i have not purchased that much in the past month. Thats probably why i have started to look at some VOTC items.

Bollux

Grand Master
I never think about giving up but I do sometimes worry that I will never complete my collection as I have very little money to fund my collection as I am saving for a wedding :cry:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
My collection is allways changing. I dont have enough money to keep everything so if i feel like a change i sell some stuff and buy different stuff. I vary rarley loose money apart from yesterday when my mint lili ledy logrey sold for less than Ã'£5. I was a bit pissed off with that. :evil: :cry:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
TWOFOOT said:
I vary rarley loose money apart from yesterday when my mint lili ledy logrey sold for less than Ã'£5. I was a bit pissed off with that. :evil: :cry:

it's happened to me so many times now that i don't do auctions any more, i just list things with what i consider a reasonable buy it now price, with the option to make offers. i'd rather just get rid of stuff, i don't understand these people that list stuff for weeks on end at ridiculous prices in the hope someone might be stupid enough :lol:

jayjedi

Sith Lord
sometimes i think why ? i was pleased to get a complete carded collection , but sometimes things come in the post , i think great look at them for 5 mins , stick them on a shelf and am straight back on ebay looking for something else :roll:

sith-smith

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
sometimes i think why ? i was pleased to get a complete carded collection , but sometimes things come in the post , i think great look at them for 5 mins , stick them on a shelf and am straight back on ebay looking for something else :roll:

Same here, but that's part of the fun. It drives me on to improve my collection.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Bollux said:
I never think about giving up but I do sometimes worry that I will never complete my collection as I have very little money to fund my collection as I am saving for a wedding :cry:
Why don't you put Star Wars figures on your present list?!! :lol: :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom