Storage

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
I know the obvious answer is that I should display them, but I'm renting a small flat at present with the g/f and just haven't the room. One day I when I leave the big filthy smoke and return ooop north I hope to move into a larger place where I can have my own collection display room. 'Til then though most of it (my collection is still small but growing quite rapidly...) remains in boxes. We have a loft, but it gets far too hot in the summer and cold in the winter (does anyone know if sustained cold can affect carded figures?). At present I have a stack of Ikea plastic storage crates - they do the job and have lids, but are see-through. I have them packed in a cupboard in a cooler part of the flat with the door shut - but I'm still concerned about light penetration etc. Aaaarghj! What do you guys do?

Bollux

Grand Master
I have my own room! :lol:

The wife is very forgiving, her parents keep on at me to grow up and box them all up so that we can have a double bed in the spare room for when people stay instead of a single one!
:evil: :evil:

spoons

Grand Master
Bollux said:
I have my own room! :lol:

The wife is very forgiving, her parents keep on at me to grow up and box them all up so that we can have a double bed in the spare room for when people stay instead of a single one!
:evil: :evil:

Wait til you have kids :wink:

I used to have my own room :cry:

Rudyard, I'd keep your carded stuff under the bed, rather than in the loft if I were you. I had a few boxed vehicles in my loft tht didn't enjoy it very much :?

spoons

Grand Master
Bollux said:
if i couldnt display them, i wouldnt collect them, I dont see any point it otherwise

I agree with you, but I find myself bidding on things because they're cheap and then having nowhere to put them.

also it'll probably be cheaper buying a carded collection now rather than in a few years, as I'd imagine there will be less stuff on the open market.

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Yeah the intention is definately to display them - I don't ever forseeably plan to sell them) so there is plenty of time to get them out :D . For the moment thought, space is the big issue. yeah, I think I will avoid the loft for now. Dark cupboards seem the way to go - the missus doesn't agree though... valuable handbag space and all that :evil:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
spoons said:
Bollux said:
if i couldnt display them, i wouldnt collect them, I dont see any point it otherwise

I agree with you, but I find myself bidding on things because they're cheap and then having nowhere to put them.

I'm exactly the same spoons!

lee gray

Sith Lord
If you think thats bad, spare a thought for me.. I am currentky just renting a room with hardly any display space at all, thats why although some of my items are expensive, its because I dont own that many items as i dont see the point of buying stuff so i cant see it

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Well you have a few mighty fine pieces to compensate Lee! Don't you have an AFA 95 Fett?! :wink:
Seriously though, I sympathise on the space issue. I'm dreaming of owning a cellar or something one day that I can convert and keep the light away from everything. My toy domain!!

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I allso have my own room which used to be a garage but the previous owners converted into a dining room and i turned into my man room.
It has one wall of star wars figures in a custom built uv protected cabinate, another wall has about 150 simpsons figures on in another custom built cabinate. I allso have my pc and xbox 360 in there. The rest of the house belongs to the missis as long as she lets me have my room.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
TWOFOOT said:
I allso have my own room which used to be a garage but the previous owners converted into a dining room and i turned into my man room.
It has one wall of star wars figures in a custom built uv protected cabinate, another wall has about 150 simpsons figures on in another custom built cabinate. I allso have my pc and xbox 360 in there. The rest of the house belongs to the missis as long as she lets me have my room.

now thats good thinking 8) 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom