My 3PO is a bit stiff!

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I've got a loose C-3PO which is in brilliant condition with no paint missing however the arms and legs won't budge (its the early version - not the pull apart limbs job). It doesn't seem the sort of figure to have been glued as its so mint otherwise, but I wondered if the plastic at the joints has degraded sticking the arms and legs up. The limbs probably haven't been moved for years. Has anybody else seen this happen before?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Darth Wensleydale said:
I've got a loose C-3PO which is in brilliant condition with no paint missing however the arms and legs won't budge (its the early version - not the pull apart limbs job). It doesn't seem the sort of figure to have been glued as its so mint otherwise, but I wondered if the plastic at the joints has degraded sticking the arms and legs up. The limbs probably haven't been moved for years. Has anybody else seen this happen before?

i took a klatu of a card and i cant move his limbs .

well i could if i wanted to cause i.m strong as **** :D

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I just looked at it again and there is gold paint in the joints on the arms (original paint), it looks like someone took it off the card and the arms have never moved. It must have just seized up over the years - probably needs an oil bath :wink:

Anyone else got a stiff one other than myself and Jabba? :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Darth Wensleydale said:
I just looked at it again and there is gold paint in the joints on the arms (original paint), it looks like someone took it off the card and the arms have never moved. It must have just seized up over the years - probably needs an oil bath :wink:

Anyone else got a stiff one other than myself and Jabba? :lol:

please re word that before weasel see,s it you will make his day :oops: :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Talking about trannies one day then having a stiff one with darth the next!

I'm starting to worry about you mate! :lol:

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
oops, that was cannon fodder for weasel wasn't it? :oops:

he found the thread too easily and quickly though, it must have come up in one of his google searches with 'stiff' in the title!! :lol: :lol:

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:

I remember reading somewhere that some of the early cards had a label on them that instructed the buyer to move the limbs vigorously back and forth until they loosened up. :shock:

If I was you I would ignore this advice and leave him as he is :D

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
cocofstar said:
Darth Wensleydale said:

I remember reading somewhere that some of the early cards had a label on them that instructed the buyer to move the limbs vigorously back and forth until they loosened up. :shock:

If I was you I would ignore this advice and leave him as he is :D

yeah me to ,that luke turned up coco

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Darth Wensleydale said:
oops, that was cannon fodder for weasel wasn't it? :oops:

he found the thread too easily and quickly though, it must have come up in one of his google searches with 'stiff' in the title!! :lol: :lol:

Nah it was either do some work or kill time on here!

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
yep I reckon if I try and shift the limbs they will probably break so I'll leave them well alone. Like has been said already its better than having a 3PO that is loose and falls over when you display it :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom