Official CE II SWFUK Epic Lads Tour PHOTOS UP

Jez

Sith Lord
Jez said:
BRACE YOURSELVES!!

OK guys, you've read the hype checked out the website and are really up for Celebration Europe 2 :)
The trouble is some of you are probably turned off by hotel costs, airport costs, transfer fees, taxis etc.
Check out the Jez solution;
I have just been informed that the luxury Motor Home (The Falcon) is available!!
Cost of the Falcon hire is £230 (Thursday pm until 0900am Monday morning) (plus optional £25 charge to reduce the insurance excess from £500 to £250.
Cost (today) for Ferry crossing is just £88 return.
Cost for fuel?? See below.
Benson (where i and the Falcon live) to Dover is 260 miles (round trip)
Dover to Essen is 500 miles (round trip)
Add 40 miles for incidental journeys.
Total miles is apx 800.
If the Motor Home runs at 25 MPG the cost would be; 800/25 = 32 gallons / 1 x gallon = £6.30 32 x 6.30 = £201.60
If the Motor Home runs at 20 MPG the cost would be 800/20 = 40 gallons / 1 x gallon = £6.30 40 x 6.30 = £252.00
I don't believe that the Motor Home is that inefficient, so these costs are worst case.
There is also the additional bonus that fuel on the continent is cheaper than in the UK, CASHBACK.

So there we have it;
Motor Home £230/£255
Fuel £250
Ferry £90
Total cost = less than £600
Split between 4 of us that would cost just £150
Split between 5 of us that would cost just £120

This obviously doesn't include the cost of; the 3 day pass £90, food and drink etc
Jason has squared away the camping, that won't cost much at all and its right in the heart of Essen

The plan would be to leave Blighty Thursday lunchtime and drive back straight after the show in time to make the last crossing on Sunday night.

Grant (Maulster79), Jason (Mr Palitoy) and Frank (Frunkstar) are already up for this, is anyone else? We are each paying just £150 each, thats just £50 a day! If anyone else (who passes our strict vetting process) joins us, the cost will go down even further!

This could be an epic adventure? Have you seen Paul? Have you seen Fanboys?
Who's with me??

Jez said:
Jez said:
Still trying to find out if this bad boy is booked for that weekend yet...

Meet the Falcon

205316_449035235125722_1133671736_n.jpg

Motorhomeint7.jpg

Motorhomeint6.jpg

Motorhomeint8.jpg

First day back in the office this morning, groan.
I found out that the guy who reserved this over the weekend has had to cancel, and they have me down for it as first reserve!! CASH BACK
The Falcon Road Trip could be back on, shweet!

I'm sorry that this is in the wrong section, but i thought it was worth a punt, just in case their are guys out there who weren't frequent followers of the Event forum.

If anyone wants more info, give me a PM :)

Jez

Sith Lord
I'll drive. I have in car DVD, you can even watch Eps V on the way!! 8)

Jez

Sith Lord
Totally

£705 divided by 3 is £235, plus the £90 3 day pass is £325. We could eat and drink like students.

And with the 2 or 3 guys who will read this thread and think "F##k me, that sounds amazing" the cost will be dramatically reduced!
It'll almost be cheaper to go than not! Not actually true

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I'd be up for this. I live in London if you could pick me up and drop me off somewhere convenient on the way. It looks like Benson is on the other side of London and kind of on the way to Folkestone.

Does that make 3?

:)

cheers Jason

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
I'd love to do this. Sounds a blast. Don't think I'll get a pass out though :cry:

You haven't factored in the cost of beer, which would clearly double the cost of the trip....if you're taking it easy. :lol:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Come on guys, need a couple more to bring the price down between us then I might be able to say im back in, gonna talk to my boss tomorrow to see if I can get the time of just in case!!!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
jedi_masters said:
Come on guys, need a couple more to bring the price down between us then I might be able to say im back in, gonna talk to my boss tomorrow to see if I can get the time of just in case!!!

If you come in that would be 4....

:)

Jason

plantman

Sith Lord
love the idea, if/when you guys do it post some pics of the road trip.

awesome :) bet you have a ****ing amazing time!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Come on guys!

Lets do it! I got a ticket and have confirmed.

That's 2.

Lets get some more of you on board.

It will be great :)

Jez

Sith Lord
I'm almost certain there are now 3 of us now Grant, Jason is looking very positive.

I apologise to Edd and the MODs for an almost double thread which is now happening both in the Vintage Collecting Chat and the Event forums. It does appear that adding this thread has had the desired effect though. I'm sure you'll all be chuffed to see a SWFUK road trip happening. Thank you for your toleration.

Back on subject; YES, TICKETS BOUGHT!

mumbo

Sith Lord
Would love to be able to join you guys, I'm certain it's going to be one hell of a trip :) sadly funds and commitments make it impossible :cry: have a jolly good time though :D

Jez

Sith Lord
jedi_masters said:
I gotta stop reading this thread, I'm getting more depressed every day. :( :cry: :(

Noooooooooooooo! Sorry mate. Now go and have a look at your collection and cheer yourself up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom