CIV & CE Vintage medallions

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
This is an IOP exclusive thread !! :lol:

The medallions / coins were given away at the recent exhibition in the states and now they are selling for big money on ebay !! :wink:

Bollux

Grand Master
in order to collect all 12 of them you had to sit through 12 different presentations, roughly lasting an hour each

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:lol: How many IOP members have joined in the last few weeks?

The more the merrier obviously. :D

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:

The medallions / coins were given away at the recent exhibition in the states and now they are selling for big money on ebay !! :wink:

big money that why i didnt know :roll:

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
If this was an IOP exclusive thread, it would be at IOP :p

12 were released at CIV, but there are gonna be 12 european coins being distributed at CE

David Tree

Jedi Master
jabbawokkie said:
craignwo4life said:

big money that why i didnt know :roll:

essentially it comes down to the scarecity and how difficult it was to complete a set.
Only 350 full sets were available at the show. Each set contains 12 different coins. Each coin was given out randomly over 4 days, so attendees would not know if they would get a coin or not, so it was quite a challenge.
Despite only 350 sets available, there are not that many full sets available, as for every person wanting to keep a Darth Vader coin, means that there is one less set available to get.

This was just a freebie though, a free gift to those who attended the collector panels, no-one expected the frenzy on ebay.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I quite fancy going to some of the Collector Panels, I'm not bothered about the coins as they ain't my thing but if I get one it'll be a nice bonus to keep. I just hope that the panels won't get filled up with people who are only there just to get the coins then leave so they can flog them :roll:

David Tree

Jedi Master
It is a big worry, as the point of the panels are to educate and inform, for those who are just coming in to try grab the coins (of which I would expect quite a few now) they will be locked in the room until after the presentation.
Hopefully when they realise this, it should hopefully limit the number of people doing that and depriving others, who really want to be there and learn and see new things, of the opportunity.

David Tree

Jedi Master
craignwo4life said:
The design on the IV coins were a bit too childish for my liking compared to the POTF ones.

As a fan made item they are pretty awesome. The available time, level of technology and process used to make them was nothing quite like POTF coins, these were not made by Hasbro or any other big name licence. Plus it was a first attempt at sculpting something like this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom