Jawa's

itfciain

Grand Master
Just going through my rather large collection of loose Jawa's and have the COO guide to pick out the 8 different versions - however, looking at the ones I have, there are also some differences in the cloaks - smooth/course & big hood/little hood - is there a guide anywhere that says which cloak should go with which figure as I have a couple of COOs where I have different style cloaks - this could mean they were released that way or that over time they have been swapped

Should have a load of loose ones to sell at the end of this so Mr. Nick and any others looking for Jawa's should watch out for the sales thread :wink:

TC-14

Sith Lord
I'll keep an eye out for the upcoming sales thread, Iain. I'd like to buy at least one off you for my loosie collection, I'll leave the rest for Nick :wink: :lol:

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Try Dieter (orangpendek on TIG ) I'm not sure if there will be definitive answers because there are 'mixed' figures ie. different front & back torsos, 'wrong' limbs etc. He has a great eye for detail & one or two Jawas
gedc0710.jpg

gedc0725.jpg

from: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3870-the-official-fotm-thread-jawa#62786

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think some coo have different cloaks, I have found some jawas in some different danish childhood collections where there was only 1 jawa in each collection and some of them have the same coo but not the same cloak.

itfciain

Grand Master
Yes, I think you are right there - I have a couple of No 6 on the COO guide - one has the rough cloak and the other the smooth

I just wondered if there was a rule of thumb at all.

If not then I think I'll keep one of each COO and spread around the cloaks across them

Pomse2001

Grand Master
itfciain said:
Yes, I think you are right there - I have a couple of No 6 on the COO guide - one has the rough cloak and the other the smooth

I just wondered if there was a rule of thumb at all.

If not then I think I'll keep one of each COO and spread around the cloaks across them

Maybe some can only be found with one cloak variant. But I am not sure :)

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Before I became an adult collector I always thought Jawa's were really rare as I only ever saw one MOC when I was a kid and that was right at the end of when I was collecting.

Now there seems to be ten's of thousands of the little blighters - where were they are hiding back in the 70's/80's :?:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
Try Dieter (orangpendek on TIG ) I'm not sure if there will be definitive answers because there are 'mixed' figures ie. different front & back torsos, 'wrong' limbs etc. He has a great eye for detail & one or two Jawas
gedc0710.jpg

gedc0725.jpg

from: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3870-the-official-fotm-thread-jawa#62786

WOW :shock:

x-pack

Grand Master
Dark Sith Lord said:
aussiejames said:
gedc0710.jpg

gedc0725.jpg

WOW :shock:

That's a **** load of Jawa! :shock:

batman

Padawan
aussiejames said:
gedc0710.jpg

gedc0725.jpg

Thanks for the introduction James.I don't have a lot of info on the capes, but when i saw these pis i just had to chime in. I'm a big fan of the sculpt of the jawa figure so to me they really don't need to have a cape and all of them have been bought loose so it's impossible to tell if the cape they are wearing is the one they had on when they left the factory. The only combination that seems to be consistent so far is the smooth cape with the #5#6(no) coo as found on ROTJ, Trilogo and POTF cards.The size of the hood of the rough capes depends on who cut the cloth and who sewed them so they are not specific to any type of coo, and it looks like most of the coo's(besides the #5 and #6) have been around since the 12-backs so i think you can simply match your capes to the figure you want. The hardest to find cloth cape is the inside out one with the "corduroy" look, that one should be a must have to our friend Nick_IoW .If you have any gnarly looking jawas, loose limbs, missing limbs, missing paint, aded paint, melt marks, marker marks, bite marks, discolored or in any other way not suitable for display just send me a p.m. and i'll gladly absorb them into the herd .
@Cc4rhu: You are lucky the stay in the attic, my whole house seems to be infested by the little critters :lol:
@X-pack: that's nothing compared to the shitload of shipping fees they have cost me :lol:

Cheers,

Dieter (aka orangpendek on TIG or Gerrit on RS)

burnsy

Sith Lord
I liked picking up the thread variants on the cloaks aswell.

I think i still have my Jawa variants with green thread, purple, black and brown.
I also saw a cloak with some white thread before

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
To be honest im not a variants person - I just collect Jawas, however they come - up to about 140 after some turned up today. Goal is 200 cloth caped Jawas (will try my best to stop there... I will probably carry on though knowing me) - and any VC ones I can get (have 1 and 1 on the way).

No chance of me parting with anything Jawa :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom