Toyhunter episode - 12" MIB Figures - I want some

fun4kids

Padawan
Just watched an episode of Toyhunter on Quest + 1 and saw some fantastic 12" MIB figures - he bought the Boba Fett for $400 and sold it for $600

I would love to get hold of some of these but in my brief time of collecting haven't seen any and there is only on on ebay from Brians Toys

What's the score with these bad boys - am I chasing a dream or will I be able to find some?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Garry

itfciain

Grand Master
There are plenty about but probably not that many in MIB condition - there are a couple of lads on here that collect these and I am sure they will chip in

Drakon

Jedi Knight
Garry,
They can be found. Just take your time. I have a collection later this year that I am buying that will have lots of MISB items. There might be some 12" pieces in there.

fun4kids

Padawan
Thanks both - just found lots actually - I was searching for 12" when in fact the search term seems to be just large

Plenty to be had it seems, I am not very good at taking my time though......................

:lol:

walkie

Sith Lord
Garry, what happened to buying nothing for 30 days?

Did you make it past 30 seconds LOL!!

fun4kids

Padawan
I have to say I have struggled with my self imposed buying ban - to say it has been a failure would be an understatement.

I really shouldn't have said it out loud should I? I was doomed to failure from the start - the more I browse the more I buy - damn this is more addictive than any drug I have ever taken and I have tried most things lol

Anyway, anyone know how many of the large figures there are - I assumed it was first 12 but I don't think that's the case as I saw a Boba on Toyhunter

Anyone know how many in this range and what they all are?

Cheers

Oh and **** the buying ban - this is too much fun :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Keep going buddy...if you have the funds go for it, we are only here once :D

Try these for info buddy :wink:

http://www.rebelscum.com/VIN12inch.asp

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/12inchfigureaccessories.htm

theslider

Sith Lord
Check out this link Fun, it has every large scale (12") figure made (and not made!)

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_category&category_id=429

You are on the money (mostly) regarding your guess, most of the first 12 were made - Tusken Raider wasn't along the Death Squad Commander.

Only Fett and IG-88 were released as part as ESB.

walkie

Sith Lord
Some tips for you, if you want a sandperson try searching "lili ledy" as it was a Mexican exclusive.

Also the "lili ledy" 12" R2-D2 is a large version of the 3" figure, pretty cool ;)

fun4kids

Padawan
Thanks everyone - minty advice - my search begins here, any bets on how long it takes me to complete the entire run?

:lol:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I own a complete Kenner set of the large figures MIB. I am happy to stop there as the Denny's fisher stuff and palitoy stuff are a little harder to find.

fun4kids

Padawan
tiefighterboy said:
I own a complete Kenner set of the large figures MIB. I am happy to stop there as the Denny's fisher stuff and palitoy stuff are a little harder to find.
I would LOVE to see a a photo of these - post it up in here can you (pretty please with a cherry on top) - I need to see what I aiming for :D

burnsy

Sith Lord
Just watched it, he winds me up.

Great job to have though.

It amazes me how clueless some of the collectors seem to be with their valuations though!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
burnsy said:
It amazes me how clueless some of the collectors seem to be with their valuations though!

Aye me as well - I get it's a tv show and the conversations we are watching are rehearsed but you'd think someone that has taken the time to amass such nice collections (some very specific and complete) would be much more informed to it's value.

Like I said I know it's staged and all, but it detracts from enjoying seeing the great vintage toys on screen. I'd honestly enjoy it more if I could get passed the fact that I think he's a prick but unfortunately I can't!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom