Not as described and possibly recarded!

Fox

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and need your help.
I'm trying to build up a collection of original carded figures and bought a rotj Klaatu off ebay.

The item arrived this morning and the main thing I noticed was the severe cracking to the bubble (there is a large amount of dust on the Klaatus shoulders and hands so the bubble must have been split along time before it was posted!) also what appears to be wear on the bottom left corner in the ebay picture is actually white and black spots of paint!!!

I'm also unsure as to whether the cardback is actually original as the colour seems rather bland and the card seems a bit thin, can any of you guys help with this?

What annoys me is the seller didn't mention any of this and states in the description that "the condition is very good"
I'm going to contact the seller tonight so will let you know what happens.

Pictures attached :D

SAM_0207 (1280x960).jpg

SAM_0212 (1280x960).jpg

SAM_0196 (1280x960).jpg

Let me know if you need any more pictures.

Thanks for reading.
Fox.

PGowdy

Grand Master
This isn't a recard as far as i can see.
It's difficult to see from the pictures whether the bubble was already cracked. But bubbles with yellowing tend to be very brittle. Todd might be right, it may have been happened during shipping. You're entitled to ask for a refund.

The "dust" on Klaatu's shoulder is actually "frosting". It's something that happens to some carded figures, even when there are no cracks in the bubble. If you leave it out in the sun for half an hour that should completely disappear.

itfciain

Grand Master
As the guys have said, the card is fine and it is likely that bubble cracked during shipping. Yellow bubbles are very brittle and depending on the packaging are more likely to crack.

I would have a word with the seller. Explain what has happened and ask to either return the item (eBay will ask you to do that at your own cost) or for a partial refund (probably spilt the difference at £10)

If the seller will not go with either of these then open a case and you will win

PGowdy

Grand Master
Something that just occurred to me will solve this- the crack shows large-ish pieces of the bubble missing. If those pieces are inside the packaging or inside the bubble then it happened during shipping. If they are nowhere to be seen then it was cracked before the seller shipped it to you.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Hey buddy- If you want to build a collection of carded figures I would advise you buy from members on this forum.

That way you wont have to worry about any of these issues.

Good luck. :wink:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Agree with what everyone else ha said on here. That size of crack you would be able to see in the eBay pic which you can't so must have happened during shipping.

The 'dust' is frosting as Pete said, basically a plastic mould. Sunshine will clear that up.

Garydo

Padawan
Maulster79 said:
Hey buddy- If you want to build a collection of carded figures I would advise you buy from members on this forum.

That way you wont have to worry about any of these issues.

Good luck. :wink:

Have to agree with this. really friendly bunch of guys to deal with although you may have to be patient and quick off the mark in the for sale section :lol:

As for a re-seal can you not tell by the waffle seal around the bubble?

Fox

Hi everyone.

there's a large shard of bubble stuck under the cellotape that holds the weapon and a small piece between the cardback and where the
bubble is sealed.

Depending on the lighting and angle you can't really see the cracking.

SAM_0227 (960x1280) (600x800) (480x640).jpg

Checked the waffle seal and it looks fine.

thanks for all the help :)

I'll probably buy my carded figures from here now :D

Fox

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Unfortunately accidents like that do happen and it's not really the sellers fault if it was packed properly. The post service are unlikely to pay insurance as it's just damage to the packaging. You're probably best just taking it on the chin, you'll win some and lose some collecting SW, it's part of the fun!

rob71

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
As the guys have said, the card is fine and it is likely that bubble cracked during shipping. Yellow bubbles are very brittle and depending on the packaging are more likely to crack.

I would have a word with the seller. Explain what has happened and ask to either return the item (eBay will ask you to do that at your own cost) or for a partial refund (probably spilt the difference at £10)

If the seller will not go with either of these then open a case and you will win

Do ebay now recognise packaging damage as actual item damage? I thought I read somewhere that they don't consider this.

BTW, welcome to the forum Fox :)

itfciain

Grand Master
You're right in terms of the packaging, however, if you just open up a case as 'not as described' then eBay are likely to find in your favour

I do agree with what Edd has said though, if the seller did make every effort to pack it well then you have to accept accidents will happen with yellowing bubbles. A good seller will come to an agreement with you without the need to open up eBay cases

rob71

Sith Lord
Thanks Iain. I've got a couple (not with me as yet, but too late for a claim) that would have definitely fit into the not as described category. But thats for a future thread... :roll:

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
Surely it doesn't count as packaging if it's a valuable part of a collectable item??

Only have tp compare difference in prices of MoC to a loosie to prove that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom