how's your MOCs coping in this heatwave?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I have most of mine laying flat or in star cases or AFA style cases in boxes in a cool part of the house.

Only have 5 MOC on display, 4 of which are reseal and one is a Kenny Baker signed trilogo. They are in a display case lying at a 10 degree angle to the back of the case.
The display case is just outside the door to the loft/attic conversion which gets very hot in the summer due to lack of roof insulation.

Was expecting that the bubbles may come off over time, given that I resealed 4 of them. Bubbles are fine, problem is card warping! One of the cards has
a very noticeable bend in it now! And it's only appeared in the last few weeks since the weather got all hot I think. I think pressing it with some heavy books will sort it out.

So in summary, go check your gear people!

:)

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
6362936383_5066ea42d7.jpg

Here's the case at the end of 2011.

P1070837_zps8fcb3dfe.jpg

And here's Ben now.

:eek:

Jason

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thats weird how the card has bent that way, would have thought the weight of the figure on the card would have pushed it the other way.

All mine lay flat in star cases, mostlyin a cupboard in the back bedroom and 5 in a cupboard in my bedroom. Hopefully they should be find but I might go and have a look just to check.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yea I would never keep my stuff int he attic. Went up in mine yesterday and within 30 seconds i was sweating like I was in a sauna. Way too hot for my little precious gems!!

spoons

Grand Master
Good thinking Jason - no one should have anything in the loft in this weather.
Mine are all in a basement room, it's the winters I have to worry about :)

sith-smith

Grand Master
My cards are all over the place. Not had the chance to check any. Hopefully the are all ok :?

chazb73

Sith Lord
Its a good point - been very hot here in Scotland also - 29 in places yesterday, mine all seem fine. I wonder if Barry has any air con - I think his are in his loft :? - let us know if you read this matey

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
chazb73 said:
Its a good point - been very hot here in Scotland also - 29 in places yesterday, mine all seem fine. I wonder if Barry has any air con - I think his are in his loft :? - let us know if you read this matey

Your'e right there Andy, Barry (x-pack) does have this collection in his loft.

phantom

Jedi Master
Im in icy Norway, but still, its around 25-30 degrees outside these days so I have a fan running constantly, they seem to be doing okay in my ManLoft

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom