Princess leia pistol - real or fake?

Chico

Jedi Knight
Hi again,

This princess leia pistol was in a small lot i picked up a few weeks ago but i can't tell if its real or fake.

What makes me suspicious is that the finish is pretty poor and the plastic is quite shiny, unlike the blue version i have that i know is legit. However, it has the correct detailing on the handle unlike the repros listed on the Imperial Gunnery website and it also floats.

Can anybody help verify this as either real or fake? If it is real (fingers crossed :) ), which leia issue would it most likely go with?

leiablaster1.jpg

leiablaster2.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have never seen this one as a repro that does not sink. But again there is coming so many new repro weapons all the time :(

It looks suspicious, do you have a better picture from both sides ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
To me it looks like some kind of new repro, it looks like the line in the circle on the magazine is missing ?

Where do you have it from ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
snaggletooth said:
If this is a repo then its a good one, have you got another one to compare it to and is it translucent at all if held up to a light?

Hi scott, do you think it could be some kind of production error ?

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I hate Leia blasters, so small and light. :twisted:

I find a room with a hard floor miles away from civilisation, wait until the dead of night then do the drop test...

Chico

Jedi Knight
Hi there, it's not translucent. Best way to describe the finish is similar to the version of the Han blaster that looks a bit crappy and is in black.

The poor finish and shiny black platic makes me twitchy but the detailing and floating makes me wonder if it could be ok.

It looks a quite similar to variant two on the jawa armoury, but the finish isn't matt: http://www.loresdelsith.net/rincon/armeria/index2.htm

Until I can Id it either way I'll put it to one side. Thanks for all the input! :)

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Chico said:
Hi there, it's not translucent. Best way to describe the finish is similar to the version of the Han blaster that looks a bit crappy and is in black.

The poor finish and shiny black platic makes me twitchy but the detailing and floating makes me wonder if it could be ok.

I'd say its another repo if that's the way you feel, there's also POTF black repo blasters out there with this plastic flashing and shiny black plastic. This is the most detailed I've seen so far, in the bottom pic it looks like V1, does it have a tint of blue to it to?

Chico

Jedi Knight
No blue, totally black.

When it comes to repro it's guilty until proven innocent for me so it's been quarantined for now. Hate this part of the hobby :roll:

Chico

Jedi Knight
Just to resurrect this thread. I've come across another black leia blaster in the same style as above. It came with a small lot, all the accessories are pictured below (still dripping from the float test! :) ). They all check out as original, using both the imperial gunnery guide and the float test. However the amount of flashing on the leia blaster still worries me. There is no sign of any other repro items in the lot. There were also two blue leia blasters (pictured below) that i'm confident are fine, one has a bit of flashing on the tip but thats it.

Can i open this up to the forum again, do you think original or a good repro?

acc_zpsa7059626.jpg

acc2_zps39eac8e3.jpg

Chico

Jedi Knight
Ok thanks guys, into the repro bin it goes. :cry:

Ami right in thinking that the blue leia pistols are ok?

Palifan

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
Blue ones look OK to me: http://leia.bespin.info/index.php?pageID=3

That's a great site, is it just for Leia or are there other figures given the same treatment? Shame if it's just the one figure as these are the clearest pictures I've seen on accessories and it would be great to see other figures showcased.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom