Advice please carded problem

mash

Sith Lord
Having bought 3 or 4 Imp dignitary all having a small chip on their nose I decided to get a carded one cheap and remove the figure but now im not so sure what to do with it.

Do I remove figure put him in the collection and sell the other one and the coin and card?

or sell the carded one and look for a mint loose?

or keep them all??

Help me please! cheers

cardandloose.jpg
[/img]

nosey.jpg
[/img]

This is the one I have in the collection at the moment.

cardrip.jpg
[/img]

bubble.jpg
[/img]

mash

Bollux

Grand Master
The card looks pretty crummy and you do get the fun and excitement of opening a figure for the first time in years!

DO IT!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
it doesn't look particularly worth keeping on the card to me, i guess it depends how much you paid for it?

Bollux

Grand Master
Dont know about selling the coin either! I am sure that the Dignitary coin will be pretty common...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i think that's the yellowest bubble i've ever seen :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'd love to see what AFA would say about that if you were to submit it for grading! After they'd picked themselves up off the floor and stopped laughing, of course!

I reckon we could be lookin at the first ever AFA 100, what do you think?
:wink:

sith-smith

Grand Master
I think it does depend on how much you paid for it, how much you want an imperial dignitary, and how much a mint loose one might cost.

IMTech

Padawan
I have a similar problem - I bought this Vader to send to AFA for a U grade, but part of me now does not want to destroy the original packaging even though it is damaged:-

if you do decide to do this AFA now grade coins as well (which will probably raise their price even more): -

- I agree with the other posts though - it will be far more fun to open it yourself!

cocofstar

Sith Lord
I have these Tri-logos that a friend gave me years ago out of the store in his dad's Toy shop.

cleancardsds8.jpg

The cards and bubbles are pretty beat but I could never open them :wink:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Again like others have said it depends how much you paid for the carded one.

If it was under Ã'£30 I would carefully remove the figure and list the "damaged" figure along with the card (with coin still attached).

mash

Sith Lord
I think it does depend on how much you paid for it, how much you want an imperial dignitary, and how much a mint loose one might cost.

I paid Ã'£22 for the carded figure + postage of Ã'£4 thought it was a good buy really

I do need the figure for my loose collection (I only need 5 more now for a full set)

A mint figure normally gets Ã'£20 ish, what do you think????

mash

sith-smith

Grand Master
I quite like the idea of opening it and selling the card/coin with the other figure with the chipped nose.

mash

Sith Lord
I quite like the idea of opening it and selling the card/coin with the other figure with the chipped nose.

I think you are probably right mate maybe I will sleep on it and make my mind up in the morning............

Oh **** it im going to open it now!!

mash

mash

Sith Lord
I think it was probably early 80's ROTJ figures never owned any of the last 17 except Paploo.

****.... 20 odd years ago!! How about yourself?????

mash

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom