Big Mistake

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I bought a Tie Interceptor on ebay the other day, the seller has three feedbacks but it looked good in the picture. I paid Ã'£10 postage and it arrived wrapped in a bin liner this morning posted for Ã'£4.25 with the box all bashed up :evil: :evil: :evil: I really should have known better.

I hate it when people have no respect for the item you have paid for. I've sent them a to the point email asking for compensation. My worry is its the same person selling an AFA POTF Yak Face, Amanaman and Luke Stormtrooper on ebay at the moment. I asked him for the serial numbers to check with AFA a few days ago with no response :x

Dodgy ain't a strong enough word for this one :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Had something similar happen a few years ago.
Some **** wit sold me a boxed Vader Tie and posted it loose in the box with one sheet of brown paper celotaped to it. :shock: :twisted: :evil:
When it arrived the postman handed it to me, complete with a dozen bits that had been broken and had fallen out. I emailed the wee wanker but got no reply (surprisingly), then he closed his Ebay account (he didn't have a paypal account).
It didn't cost me much (Ã'£15-Ã'£20 all in), but as you say its the principle if someone pays for something they kinda want it in the condition shown not posted with a single sheet of brown paper celotaped to the box (the box would have been ruined even if it hadn't been destroyed en route). The stupidity of some people is amazing.

When I buy anything now I make sure the seller has decent feedback, and I ask them to package it properly. You live and learn I guess.

Though if I ever bump into the wee wanker I'll gladly gub him. :twisted:

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Yep you live and learn. I should have known better but the bargain hunter in me said go for it. I can't believe there are people around who would send stuff packed like this though :(

Hopefully the bidders on the POTF stuff will pull out or at least get their money back when nothing arrives.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
By the sounds of him as soon as he gets the money, he'll transfer it out of his paypal account, god knows where and the people will be ****ed!

lee gray

Sith Lord
Twice **** like that has happened to me, once when I brought a boxed soundwave a few years back... mainly cause of the condition of the box and it came in a jiffy bag with the flap bent over

and most recently at the beginning of this year when I saw a mint boxed action man space ranger on ebay, I asked the seller for lots of close up pics of the box which I got and paid a good deal of money for it as it looked so nice to upgrade from my more shabby boxed one

when I won it I asked for it to be packed well as the box was important

anyways postman comes with a parcel under his arms I sign for it anmd guess what, the asshole had just put some brown paper packaging around the box itself and that was it ...and the box was crushed most prob from being under the postmans arm... i was well pissed off as the money wasnt important as wanted a minty mint box

the guy gave me a refund but some ppl are born stupid and stay that way

Jukesy

Sith Lord
I totally agree that some people only see items as 'items' and nothing else and when they have their money its none of their concern, i think that paypal shouldnt allow the seller the right to the money until both parties are happy with the transaction.

I had a Palitoy Droid Factory arrive this morning (try and post some pics sooner than later) knowing the box wasn't in the best of condition to start with but like everybodys else's it arrived with a sheet of brown paper stuck to it but luckily for me th ebox wasn't battered.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
It looks like the pictures for this guys figures have been robbed from Brians Toys, hence the lack of grade info or serial number. I emailed BT's so hopefully they'll get onto ebay and stop him before somebody loses a fortune

I'm feckin furious about the bin liner packaging so I want to take this bloke down :twisted:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I got an ebay purchase delivered in a plastic bag once. It was a WWII army helmet though, so no damage done! :p

Jason

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Bollux said:
Jukesy said:
I had a Palitoy Droid Factory arrive this morning

thats probably the one i was bidding on! I only wanted it for the R2!

Bollox, just reading the thread about how you were after a droid factory R2-D2. Coincidently I was sorting my playsets out last weekend and I've a bunch of parts left over.

I've all the bits to make a reasonable R2-D2 spare if you want them for nowt. No good to me.

Just PM me your address and I'll stick them in the post.

Additionally if anyone is missing any droid factory bits just let me know as I may have one in my spares bag.

I'll try to take a pic of the spare bits if I can find some batteries for my camera.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
mash said:
Additionally if anyone is missing any droid factory bits just let me know as I may have one in my spares bag.

cool i am missing everything have you got a complete one?? :lol:

I had a good sort out the other day and found that I had 3 complete boxed sets and about 30 of the 38 parts of a another loose one. **** knows where they all came from. I recall having two but that's it.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
****, I wish I had cupboards that would do that!
Mine seem to hide all my stuff right at the back or under everything else.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
weasel said:
****, I wish I had cupboards that would do that!
Mine seem to hide all my stuff right at the back or under everything else.

I'll have to get my playsets neutered. They seem to be getting out of hand. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom