Opinions on cracked bubbles...

vintagefan77

Padawan
Hi,

Just bought a MOC ESB 32bk Yoda for 65 quid but the bubble has a tiny crack where it's slightly crushed. Otherwise the cards near mint and bubble crystal clear. Have I wasted my cash?? :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'm not too sure about prices for ungraded MOC's, but if there is a crack in the bubble and the seller didn't tell you/put it in the description, I'd be tempted to ask for my money back (good excuse if it turns out you've over paid).

cocofstar

Sith Lord
I paid $100 (inc shipping from the US) for this 32B with a crack :arrow:

http://www.landoslocker.com/range_esb/images/yoda/yoda_32b.jpg

And and $100 (inc shipping from the US) for this 41A with a crack :arrow:

http://www.landoslocker.com/range_esb/images/yoda/yoda_41a.jpg

Cracks and dents on the bubble don't bother me too much if the card and figure still display well :wink:

vintagefan77

Padawan
It does display really well. I actually said 'wow' when I unpacked it today.

My 32bk is like your 41bk but flatter :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
all down to personal taste really. i won't buy anything with a cracked bubble, but will happily have torn/creased cards. to me, a figure isn't sealed if it's cracked or lifting.

doesn't sound like too bad a price though, you'd probabloy pay Ã'£80+ for a real nice one.

vintagefan77

Padawan
It's just one of those things really. The seller says he didn't notice it before sending but not that it couldn't have already been there.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
If you display for MOC's and this one looks good then I wouldn't worry about it. I don't like crushed bubbles but a very small dent or crack wouldn't bother me.

Yoda cards seem quite expensive, especially ESB ones.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
When i collected moc figures small cracks didnt bother me. As long as the figure could not be removed and the card was in good condition. If i had of carried on collecting them i probably would of upgraded a few but its a good way of getting a complete colection quite cheaply.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
i personally try not to get moc with cracked bubbles, just my preferance. but i suppose if your happy with the actual figure and it doesnt notice that much, i wouldnt worry about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom