First Shots

spoons

Grand Master
Has anyone bought a first shot before?

I've been offered a Han hoth first Shot but neither myself or the seller is 100% sure what the price should be.

any help would be much appreciated :D

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
spoons said:
Has anyone bought a first shot before?

I've been offered a Han hoth first Shot but neither myself or the seller is 100% sure what the price should be.

any help would be much appreciated :D

try and get it as low as poss :wink:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Unless it comes from a well known seller with a genuine COA I would be wary.

Charcoal Anakins go for around Ã'£300 but I am sure other characters go for around Ã'£100 to Ã'£200, although I haven't seen too many.

The best thing maybe to check the old RS classifieds to see what they were being listed at.

spoons

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
Unless it comes from a well known seller with a genuine COA I would be wary.

Charcoal Anakins go for around Ã'£300 but I am sure other characters go for around Ã'£100 to Ã'£200, although I haven't seen too many.

The best thing maybe to check the old RS classifieds to see what they were being listed at.

He's a trusted seller (I bought my model trem from him) and he's bringing it to CE. He thinks its worth about 250-300. I'm assuming dollars, which fits in pretty well with your estimate :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'm guessing the seller is a Yank Spoons?
Otherwise would he not be quoting in GBPounds?

spoons

Grand Master
weasel said:
I'm guessing the seller is a Yank Spoons?
Otherwise would he not be quoting in GBPounds?

He certainly is, but I do need to make sure he is talking dollars :shock:

lee gray

Sith Lord
I brought a first shot chituhr and biggest mistake of my life as had to sell a few decent things to buy it and then i realised I would have rather had the other things

and now my interest for star wars has completely gone

cocofstar

Sith Lord
lee gray said:
I brought a first shot chituhr and biggest mistake of my life as had to sell a few decent things to buy it and then i realised I would have rather had the other things

Sorry to hear that Lee :(

Have you held onto the Chituhr First Shot or have you sold him yet?

spoons

Grand Master
Sorry to hear that Lee, it is a very nice looking chituhr though. I'm sure you could sell it on easily enough.

I've now been offered an unpainted pbp (and maybe an unpainted palitoy sample). Any thoughts on their value (I think I might have to start saving :) )

lee gray

Sith Lord
Sold it at a small loss to get rid ...but too late to get my other items back, nostalgia is why i been collecting for the last 12 years but buying these type of items i never even heard of defeated the nostalgia object to me
spoons said:
I've now been offered an unpainted pbp (and maybe an unpainted palitoy sample). Any thoughts on their value (I think I might have to start saving :) )

Not got a clue on those prices

saving sucks if you are impatient :)

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
lee gray said:

same here ,at moment i have no desire in buying any figs .dont even check ebay

lee gray

Sith Lord
jabbawokkie said:
lee gray said:

same here ,at moment i have no desire in buying any figs .dont even check ebay
only thing i check on ebay now is neo geo mvs games

getting really fed up with postal prices for international items now, its just not worth it

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
lee gray wrote:

I know what you mean Lee. I started collecting over 10 years ago but sold it all cos I got bored. The interest then sparked back up recently in a big way. I'm sure you'll be back to it before long but sometimes you need a break to enjoy some other stuff :)

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I've now been offered an unpainted pbp (and maybe an unpainted palitoy sample). Any thoughts on their value (I think I might have to start saving :) )[/quote said:
Unpainted doest mean its a first shot. I have bought a few unpainted figures from trusted sources at just above the same price as their painted versions.
If you buy a prototype make sure it has a papertrail to go with it. Even shops get it wrong sometimes (the earth toy mall!!!) so be carefull. It is very easy to remove all paint and markings when you have the right chemicals.
Here is one i made to prove how easy it is. If you want to see the removed markings i can take a picture of the back.
weequay.jpg

xAngelx

Jedi Master
Wow, what did you use to remove the paint?

That's pretty cool, might have to do that to one of my scouts. Purely for my entertainment I assure you.

spoons

Grand Master
Cheers Twofoot

The two unpainted samples looked legit, they were in sealed baggies and had a good traceable history. I'd not seen a PBP baggie before. They also had the right copyright info, rather than none.

I thought he'd ask for Ã'£100-Ã'£150 for the two of them..

He asked for Ã'£600 :shock: :shock:

Way out of my league :cry:

I'm still picking up the 1st shot at CE though, and for a lot less than that :D

spoons

Grand Master
You're up early :shock:

I wont be buying the unpainted samples, but there are a few of those and I think they were sent from smaller companies to the main ones for checking. ie the PBP unpainted sample would have been sent to Palitoy, and I presume the Palitoy one would have gone to Kenner.

My understanding of the first shots is that they are the very first figures made from the moulds, to test that everything works (someone correct me if I'm wrong). There are a few of these but less than the unpainted samples.

The first shots were made with any plastic that was to hand. The two Han Hoths I've seen were made with translucent material 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom