WHY

scroggs

Padawan
In the blue hell is this selling for so much :shock:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-Vintage-Palitoy-Trilogo-No-COO-Luke-Orignal_W0QQitemZ170044183054QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50277QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I've been watching that one as well as was going to bid on it.

Last night it was around Ã'£30 then this morning Ã'£50 :shock:

This is the first no COO Luke with a raised bar I have ever seen. All of the others have either the bar and China COO or they are just no COO without the bar.

sith-smith

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
This is the first no COO Luke with a raised bar I have ever seen. All of the others have either the bar and China COO or they are just no COO without the bar.

oh, and I didn't understand a word of that. :oops:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
sith-smith Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:41 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

craignwo4life wrote:

oh, and I didn't understand a word of that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad I'm not alone then! :lol:

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Thats the first No COO raised bar Luke farmboy I have seen as well. If must be as rare as hens teeth is Billyboy was prepared to pay that money :shock:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
what craig means by 'the bar' is that there is a solid small bar of plastic added to the leg where the coo should be. A few figures have this insted of the coo being removed or scrubbed out of the figure mold.
Does that help??? Probably not.

Note: COO means country of origin. e.g. hong kong etc....

sith-smith

Grand Master
I agree, confuses the hell out of me, but then, I'm not a loose figure collector so i probably don't get what the appeal is.

sith-smith

Grand Master
TWOFOOT said:
what craig means by 'the bar' is that there is a solid small bar of plastic added to the leg where the coo should be. A few figures have this insted of the coo being removed or scrubbed out of the figure mold.
Does that help??? Probably not.

Note: COO means country of origin. e.g. hong kong etc....

Do you have any reference pictures? That might help. :oops:

spoons

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
I agree, confuses the hell out of me, but then, I'm not a loose figure collector so i probably don't get what the appeal is.

Its no different from a Palitoy logo over a kenner one on a MOC :wink:

or a loose vc over a cloth caped jawa

It's just less visual, doesn't take its rarity or value away, though I must admit I had no idea that a loose non-dt luke could go for so much :shock: :shock:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
craignwo4life said:

And I thought you were a hardcore collector?!! :wink: :lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
sith-smith said:
craignwo4life said:

And I thought you were a hardcore collector?!! :wink: :lol:

There's a few thing I like hardcore.

:wink:

I know about the stuff i collect, but that's about it.

IMTech

Padawan
Although the person selling it was sure it was a Palitoy version it may of been a Glasslite version - The raised bar without a COO looks similar.

Bluesnagman has a beat up one with a repro saber for $95: -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Luke-Skywalker-Complete-C8-5-Glasslite-No-COO_W0QQitemZ6041850666QQihZ009QQcategoryZ50271QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom