AFA detail...

gustie

Sith Lord
firstly nice afa collection inzaman....

i want to know - do afa write down exact variants when they grade or will they just put the figures name on it?

like clipper big feet or PBP hard torso etc

i was thinking about doing some but if they just generalise the variants i think it might be a waste of time

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I doubt they will include "big feet" on the label but they should put Clipper !! :lol:

I have seen graded Lili Ledy, Top Toys and Glasslite figures and they all have the company name on the labels but they don't go into great detail.

There are variants of figures due to changes in production, so as they are not official changes it is hard to register every minor variant for AFA to put on a label.

xAngelx

Jedi Master
Does it matter? If someone is going to buy it you can just tell them it's a variation. If you post pictures, you can just say it's a variation.

gustie

Sith Lord
xAngelx said:
Does it matter? If someone is going to buy it you can just tell them it's a variation. If you post pictures, you can just say it's a variation.

ermmm ok...

xAngelx

Jedi Master
Sorry that's just my hatred for AFA coming through.

What's the point? It just makes things more expensive for collectors. It's a number, who cares?

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
They do usually note the main variations i.e. Blue Snag (dent in boot), rebel soldier (pale face) etc. If you go to the AFA site and look at the population report that should show the variations for each figure. If you have a variation they haven't got they may make a new category. E-mail them with the details first and ask them if they would note the variation on the grading label.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
xAngelx said:
Sorry that's just my hatred for AFA coming through.

What's the point? It just makes things more expensive for collectors. It's a number, who cares?

well said .there grading system has its own variations.
.humans are to inconsistant (dont know if thats spelt right :oops: )what if the grader is hung over or in a rush to get away and thinks **** it i just give it a 8

lee gray

Sith Lord
Once I owned two afa 90 light blue fetts that were the same.... one said light blue unpainted knee while the other just said light blue on the label even though it was the same with unpainted knee and on the site you just have 4 afa 90 light blue while 18 light blue unpainted knee ones so it looks like ppl who own the one with just light blue on the label rarer when infact some are the same as the unpainted knee one

I also had a single bubble helmet on head leia boushh i sent off to be graded which is a variant really as the other cards have the helmet seperate but they graded it as a regular leia boushh along with the other palitoy ones when infact its a lot rarer

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom